V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a service agreement from my dealer when I bought my FLSTFI in January. It's going in for 2,500 mile service. Will they convert to synthetic oil if I request it? Can that be done without using synthetics in the trans, primary, etc?
Hippo, if you're out there, do you recommend synthetic for the Arizona heat?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hippo is tied up until this evening but I do know his answer is yes he uses non dinosaur oil.

Not sure about getting the shop to do it. I suppose technically they can say it is not per the manual.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I run nothing but synthetic in engine, trans and primary and change over at 200 miles or so.

Not sure what Chandler does, but I know at Hacienda THEY will ask you, they very strongly recommend it and you don't even have to bring your own, they have it right there.

Also know that Chosa's carries the RedLine. Doubt very much anyone will give you trouble over it. I seem to recall that Chandler also sold either RedLine or BelRay, but not sure. I only go to the dealers every once in a blue moon either to buy or deliver parts, so I don't know who the service manager du jour would be.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Obviously you can just do the engine. I would suggest you discuss it with them when you make the appointment or the day before the service. I don't ask dealers, i tell them what they will do, so if you have decided to go with synthetic just tell them what will go in the bike and ask them if they have it there or you should bring it. Easy. If they refuse tell them you might stop in next time. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts