V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been offered a killer deal on a new set of stock headers and all the mounting hardware off a Springer Classic that would bolt right up to my Deluxe frame. I like classic look of pipes on both sides of the bike, but don't want to go through the expense of tru-duals and all the hardware that would be required.

My question would be about performance. What would I lose or gain by switching to the stock cross-over style headers verses the the stock staggered pipes that are currently on a Deluxe. I have Rush slip-ons that would work on either pipe, K&N filter, and SERT.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I have had both true duals and stock head pipes on my springer classic and to be honest with you the bike has better bottom end and runs better with the stock head pipes. I am running them with Samson straight fishtails, Big City Thunder Baffles, S/E air filter and a DFO. My Samson Tru Dual setup is back in the box...in the attic!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's been my understanding about true duals also. What I'm curious about is performance differences between the stock staggered head pipes on my bike vs the stock head pipes your Springer uses. I can get brand new head pipes, heat shields, and all the hardware off a Springer Classic for a great price. The thing I don't want to do is give up performance to make my bike "look" the way I want. Plus I'm a cheap bastard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.