V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to remove the fender frame "horns" and attach a rear fender to the swingarm. The fender will be attached to the swingarm at the top and bottom crosspieces and supported by a rigid style sissy bar (or bolt on struts that attach near the rear axle and bolt to the fender i havent decided). I dont often ride with a passenger but i do occasionally. I figure ill just get a pillion that i can throw on the fender when i wanna ride with a passenger. My question is: is this setup safe? I know that there will be no suspension in the back but will the fender and the supports be strong enough to support a persons weight? I dont see why not as people ride two up on rigid frames, but I know many people on this board have way more experience than I do. Thanks for your help! Adam

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
The ride for the passenger isn't going to be plesent. I can tell you that much. As for the fender bowing with the passenger on it, that all depends on which fender you buy. Some are better then others. Most are made with pretty thin steal (made for looks not function), so they will bow when enough presure (like a passengers booty) is applied to it which will cause it to rub against the tire. It will also damage your paint... If your going to go this route, I would not ride two-up with it... Good luck...

·
Arse Hole and Good at it
356 Posts
Try and catch SUMDAY. He has this set up on his night train and could tell you everything you need to know about this type of set up. I know the look is a awesum, but not sure about the rest of it. Heres a pic of his bike. Good luck.

Tim

View attachment 30979

1 - 3 of 3 Posts