V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
00 Road King, 00 Ultra, 98 Fatboy, 08 Goldwing
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my swing arm from my 2000 Ultra. I can't find any information about fixing it. Everywhere I look a new one is unavailable.

However I do have a swing arm from what I believe is a 2005 dresser. The part number is 45470-02, but I can't confirm what model bike it is from. I looked on Ronnies and didn't see that number for an 05.
Does anyone know if this swing arm will work on my 2000 Ultra? And if it will what changes will I have to make other that going to a one inch wheel axle?

·
Premium Member
4,671 Posts
Adapter bushings and bolt for swingarm mount
New wheel, axle and adjusters
New or reamed brake caliper mount to fit larger axle
The 05 is a stronger swingarm and a good upgrade but it's an expensive swap if buying new parts.
Try finding a weld shop to repair yours, I've seen worse. Then take your time shopping for good used parts to make the swap.

Reactions: jbxmn

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adapter bushings and bolt for swingarm mount
New wheel, axle and adjusters
New or reamed brake caliper mount to fit larger axle
The 05 is a stronger swingarm and a good upgrade but it's an expensive swap if buying new parts.
Try finding a weld shop to repair yours, I've seen worse. Then take your time shopping for good used parts to make the swap.
Thanks for the information. Do you know if I can use the same pivot shaft?

·
Registered
273 Posts
CCE kit for the swingarm to make the swap to earlier bikes.....you'll need a late model wheel, rotor, caliper, and sprocket also....maybe a new belt.

·
Super Moderator
20,553 Posts
Just weld it up and fish plate the top and bottom.

Here's a video of one being fixed. Yours will need a little more work to repair the wallowed out sides.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great video. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts