V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone give me some info about fitting a 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005 rear swing arm from a bagger to my friends 2001 FLHT. I know that the axle size changed and I would have to change the bearings in my wheel, any other difficulties, how about the transmission mounting? Thanks for any posts that might apply.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
fastglide said:
Could anyone give me some info about fitting a 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005 rear swing arm from a bagger to my friends 2001 FLHT. I know that the axle size changed and I would have to change the bearings in my wheel, any other difficulties, how about the transmission mounting? Thanks for any posts that might apply.
Just a dumb question on my part. If your going to go and do that why not buy a aluminum one? It will give you a better ride because of it's lighter weight. :huh:

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
just wondering

fastglide said:
I was wondering Just what one could expect to gain from such a swap? I could be wrong but unless you're swapping to perhaps put a modified swing arm to enable you to fit a larger tire/wheel combo, whats the point? Spend your money where the changes might be more substantial, or at least visible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts