V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 103 and am looking to swap my Evo out on my rigid frame. Thoughts on the 103?

I know it's going to be night and day, but I have had some concerns on reliability from the TC , it's a Twin Cam A motor , stroked and bored to 103, 9:5.1 compression,stock cams,all new bearings,gaskets,pistons,rings and rings,valves, and seals...

I know I'll need the adapter plate,new ignition ( any recommendations??) and pulley spacer, anything else?

My tank has the fuel vent line currently sitting on the evo rocker cover in the back and I'm concerned the TC is too tall for it??

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah the TC sits about 3/8 taller than an evo when I did the swap for a friends FXR. I found out later they make a motor mount that drops the whole deal down a bit to make everything line up, especially center motor mount wise. So we back-tracked a bit, and all the rubbing and banging stuff opened up. It was snug, but nothing collided anymore. The exhaust was the same, no problems putting on his old evo exhaust, it cleared everything. Even the cam cover had plenty of room. We used the Daytona Twin-Tec ignition, it was no sweat, the wiring was easy. We used the BDL pulley with 31 teeth, aluminum with steel insert. We had the crank welded, billet cam plate, hi-flow oil pump and hydraulic tensioners, stock push rods. We used the fancy new BDL comp spocket too.
Like I said, everything banged into everything on our first go. Then the next weekend we got the lowering motor mount kit, and then everything was fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate it! I'll look for that lowering mount and those other parts you talked about. Big Help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts