V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
Been out of the loop on these for a while. Do swap meets generally post a notice on CL these days? Lookin' for some in the Mpls/St.Paul area. Last time I went to one they were advertised in the local paper.(Commence laughter:hystria:)

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
213 Posts
I live in the Southern Indiana area, and I have never seen any advertised on CL. I'm not sure where to find out about them at either. I go to a couple a year around here, but their just ones I've known about for years, and their always at the same place, same time, so their just automatic.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I live in the Southern Indiana area, and I have never seen any advertised on CL. I'm not sure where to find out about them at either. I go to a couple a year around here, but their just ones I've known about for years, and their always at the same place, same time, so their just automatic.
Where in So IN are you?I am close to Eville.If you hear of a decent swap meet let me know.We go to J&P in Belleville IL when we find out the dates early enough.Like to find some local ones.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
check out the donnie smith bike show, st. paul river center. think it's
usually the end of feb. once you stroll past all the eye candy there is
a ton of used hd parts for sale, motors, frames, forks, boxes and boxes
of stuff. not from vendors either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey,
Been out of the loop on these for a while. Do swap meets generally post a notice on CL these days? Lookin' for some in the Mpls/St.Paul area. Last time I went to one they were advertised in the local paper.(Commence laughter:hystria:)

Thanks, Dave

Dave, I live in the Twincities too. Check out this site for the ****** & Micky's swapmeets. I think this is what you're looking for. See ya there! www.MotoPsycoSwapMeets.com :boom:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Here in the Southeastern corner of Michigan there is an organization that advertises and has a web site ( http://www.motorcycleswap.com ) . You might find something like this in your area. Just remember the #1 Swap Meet Rule .... be sure you know ( part number, etc ) what you're looking because most private vendors will tell you
"Yep, this is exactly what you need and it came off a bike just like yours"

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave, I live in the Twincities too. Check out this site for the ****** & Micky's swapmeets. I think this is what you're looking for. See ya there! www.MotoPsycoSwapMeets.com :boom:
Thank You!! Exactly what I was looking for! I knew about the Donnie Smith one in March but I get the itch long before that. I like to go just to BS and look more than buy. However I always go with a few bucks in my pocket...ya never know what you'll find.
Thanks again, Dave

If you see a guy wandering around with a green MN North Stars hat, that'll be me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
???

Dave, maybe I missed it. What do U ride? I got a 2007 RoadGlide; a great bike. I too love off season swapmeets. Donnie's isnt too bad. The more the merrier to pass the time...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dave, maybe I missed it. What do U ride? I got a 2007 RoadGlide; a great bike. I too love off season swapmeets. Donnie's isnt too bad. The more the merrier to pass the time...
I picked up an '01 Wide Glide at the end of Oct. Just finished the hydraulic tensioner upgrade and dropped in some new lifters and a SE 203 cam. Got a chance to ride her a bit before the cold and snow. I still haven't put her to bed yet...ya never know...:)

Dave

·
Registered
39 Posts
I picked up an '01 Wide Glide at the end of Oct. Just finished the hydraulic tensioner upgrade and dropped in some new lifters and a SE 203 cam. Got a chance to ride her a bit before the cold and snow. I still haven't put her to bed yet...ya never know...:)

Dave
My bike is still ready to go also, but with that little snow here in Golden valley,Mn it might be time to throw a flannel sheet on it...

I like those WideGlides, 2 years ago my oldest son got his MSF. I tried to steer him to a 'Glide' for selfish reasons. He instead went to the 'Dark Side' and bought a crotch rocket. I like that bike too, and you can never have too many bikes in the garage!

·
Registered
201 Posts
We see listings on CL for swap meets here in the greater PHX area. More hotrod swaps than bike swaps but they both show up there. I love swap meets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts