V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Considering purchase of the S83 Boulevard but my girlfriend is concerned about what she's heard about the comfort of the bike. Anyone with real knowledge reply would be appreciated.

Sky

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
sky captain said:
Hi,

Considering purchase of the S83 Boulevard but my girlfriend is concerned about what she's heard about the comfort of the bike. Anyone with real knowledge reply would be appreciated.

Sky

I don't have an answer for you, but you'll probably catch les grief if you post this on the Japanese/European Cruiser section of the forum. It's a pretty sharp looking ride. Good luck whicever bike you do decide on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree wrong area, but I had one of those: AKA INTRUDER 1400

It was a great bike 15-20 years ago and its lost in time...
Its still got cheap and reliable and semi-fast for it, not comfortable really.
Some nasty handling issues too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The S83 is a V-Twin last I checked. Anyway, the S-50 actually has a higher power/weight ratio and quicker acceleration, but if comfort is more important, look at the M-50 (redesigned Marauder), assuming you want to stay within that brand. Fuel injection, shaft drive, inverted front suspension, cool blacked out look, sub $7000 price tag, not much to dislike there. Slap a thunder air kit, fuel processer, and some decent pipes and you will have power equal to or greater than a Vstar 1100 stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The place is called V-Twin forum but somehow visitors are supposed to implicitly know that...well...only American V-twins silly! So what happens, someone asks a question about a Metric V-Twin , and you get a lot of popcorn eating smileys and snide remarks, and the poster is embarassed and has to run off to the "Japanese/European Cruisers" section. How cute. This preference should be mentioned in the FAQ or a tagline under the main graphic as it's not really obvious when you first check the place out. That is, until you ask a harmless question and out comes the damn popcorn.:dry:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah your right. As long as it's all in good fun though then it doesn't bother me.

Besides I'm the one who laid out the cash for my bike not anyone here. And only one person has to like it.

It would be cool to be taken seriously and not JUDGED though.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
BillyBumbler said:
The place is called V-Twin forum but somehow visitors are supposed to implicitly know that...well...only American V-twins silly!
....maybe this image is a hint?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
BillyBumbler said:
The place is called V-Twin forum but somehow visitors are supposed to implicitly know that...well...only American V-twins silly! So what happens, someone asks a question about a Metric V-Twin , and you get a lot of popcorn eating smileys and snide remarks, and the poster is embarassed and has to run off to the "Japanese/European Cruisers" section. How cute. This preference should be mentioned in the FAQ or a tagline under the main graphic as it's not really obvious when you first check the place out. That is, until you ask a harmless question and out comes the damn popcorn.:dry:
Lighten up bumbler,there were just a few harmless jabs thrown out and all seem good natured enough.A visitor need only spend a couple of minutes here to realize the main content of this site and only a few minutes more discovering a section dedicated to ***/Euro bikes.Hope you ride with a good set of leathers cause your skin ain't very thick.Boy popcorn makes me thirsty :beer:

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
sky captain said:
Hi,

Sky
I would say that both of you would be much happier with the Boulevard M95 ...

A.K.A. - Suzuki Marauder 1600: http://motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/littlebigtwins/

Or get a VTX 1800 or RS Warrior and just let her "get over it!" :cheers:

Regardless of what bike you get, a seat change will probably be in order. In particular, you will want to install a back rest for the passenger.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Think real hard......oh nevermind.

Because several folks joined and asked if it was possible to have one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a Guitar Player...I recall Frank Zappa once saying..."Shut up and play yur guitar." In the great Metric vs American debate....I wonder if the same sentiment wouldnt apply? Harley or Yamaha.....does it really matter??? I mean...would you rather be riding the lawn mower on a sunday afternoon?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts