V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this link on the RMH newsgroup. The newspaper article involves a SUV (with drunken husband & wife) striking a Harley rider and then attempting to flee. There were kids in the SUV. Bad. Bad. Bad.

The link will take you to a redirect containing the newspaper article.

Read the article here:
http://shorterlink.com/?52WJ0L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats horrible. My best friends step dad got into a bike accident about 2 months ago. He was just cruisin with his buddies one night and some lady pulled out and side swiped him. Without even thinking he layed his bike down and only came out of it with a badly broken leg. The lady said that she "was waiting too long at the red light" so she went through it. He HAD a '90 Fatboy, it got totalled. I hate hearing those accident stories, but for some reason it makes me want to ride even more.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If only there where a way to keep idiots like that off the road! Riding a cycle still scares me sometimes just because I don't trust anyone else on the road. I have almost been hit twice by cagers that aren't paying attention.

ChevelleS70S, I assume you have a 70 Chevelle SS. Nice ride.

·
Registered
906 Posts
A good friend of mine was on a sportbike waiting at a stoplight, some lady plowed into him from behind. Without even hesitating she fled the scene and was never caught. :mad:

Luckily for him he landed helmet first.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
The city should give some award to Sean Linder and Matthew Newcomb for what they did to get some justice. They risked their lives because they had no idea who was in the vehicle and if weapons involved. And since the people tried to run over one of them whil they were trying to apprehend them, I think I'd be filing some charges also.

I hope the 2 people who were responsible for the crash of the biker serve some jail time. Just think what kind of example these folks set for their kids by :
#1 - Driving drunk
#2 - Fleeing scene of an accident where they had injured someone else.
#3 - Trying to run over someone who was trying to stop them from getting away.

"Gee, mommy ran over a man on a motorcycle so it must be okay.":mad:

Thinking about having t-shirt made saying "Scared of no man but terrified of soccer moms in an SUV".

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had my bike all of three hours. I needed to go to the bank. My ten year old daughter asked if she could go with. I said ok get your helmet. Two blocks from my house wer'e sitting at a red light. I hear tires squealing loudly from behind. I looked into my rear view mirror and see a woman skidding to a stop right behind me. I pulled forward ten feet. She stopped right where I had been. I looked back at her and she smiled.

Two days later My daughter and I were riding down the road at about 40mph in a 45 mph zone. We were approaching an intersection controlled by a traffic signal. I had a green light. As I reached the limit line, an older lady made a right turn from the cross street on her red light without ever stopping. I had to swerve into the left lane to avoid a collision. I noticed she looked to be about 90 years old, and was wearing those dark sunglasses that look like a wrap around windshield.

Six months ago my friend and his wife were sitting on their Electra Glide at a red light behind another car. They were rear ended by an 87 year old man. The bike flew 65 feet across the intersection before hitting the ground. The old guy ran into the back of the car they were stopped behind shoving it 30 feet into the intersection. They received minor injuries. The bike sustained $11,659 in damage. The insurance wouldn't total it. He just picked it up a few days ago. He told me it just doesn't feel right, im trading it in on a new one.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Two weekends ago in Salt Lake City, we lost an officer out on a Saturday night ride with his OL to a girl who turned left in front of him. His OL was fine, He was really messed up, NO HELMET!!!!! From what they say only his head was damaged. This is a no helmet required state. You would think that being a cop... No, I shouldn't think that way. To each his own ride!!!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yesterday, I was riding through this nearby town as the local high school was getting out. There was a road detour and the kids were scuttling along to make their way. Cars were approaching an intersection as well as I. First car has to turn left through my lane. Second car goes to the right of car one to turn into my lane. Instinct tells me she is'nt stopping. Surerinshit, she's going for it. Gut tells me to yell. "Hey, whatthefuck? She hears me, stops and with that "Ooops?" look, waves to her friends in the front car.:mad: At least I got her attention, after all, she sure had mine!:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Wow what a story! Thats great that those 2 guys not only stopped and helped the rider but chased down the SUV. The husband and wife combo -would be killers need to spend some time in the can!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts