V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running 12" Progressive 440's on the rear?

What are you running on the front end? Comments?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I have 11 1/2" Progressive heavy duty 440's on the back of my road glide and lowered progressive springs on the front. It's a great set up and works really well.
I don't really need the heavy duty springs but I got an awesome deal on them so I bought them.

I'm around 180 ish and ride solo most of the time so I set them 80% down and open them up when my wife hops on. Their real easy to adjust . I've got about 20K miles on them now and thought about sending them in to Progressive for some maintenance and having the standard springs installed. I think its around a hundred bucks.

Hope that helps.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I had the 12" standards on my Electra Glide. HATED IT!! Too harsh for the weight I carried. Perhaps the 12" heavy duty would have worked, but I sold them instead and got 13" standards. LOVE EM!!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I've got the 440 chrome HD 12" Progressives on my 06 FLH currently, on loan from a friend who had them on his 1200 sportster for about 2 months. He took them off and traded the sportster in on an 07 Softail Heritage. I borrowed them and installed them and haven't ridden the FLH but one time since installation. If you are interested, I'll find out what he wants for them. I'm sure it will be a very good deal. I'm waiting for Progressive IAT shocks for my Ultra and plan on putting the orignial shocks back on the FLH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts