V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Itch'in to go
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have spent hours scanning over theses kits any opinions/feedback on any, [W/Bros-TJ's-Progressive-etc.

Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been doing the same thing. Just when I think that I have my mind made up, someone else changes it for me. My brother has the White Bros. Kit and thinks its great. No tire rub, no problems at all on his 98 RK. Someone else suggested TJ's. The service guys at Harley recomend the touring shocks. Custom shops recomend progressive. I think that I have come full circle back to the white Bros. kit for my 2003 RK. Not much help I'm afraid.

Mudpuppy

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
mudpuppy said:
. The service guys at Harley recomend the touring shocks.
Mudpuppy

Suprise, suprise...........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
The ride is terrible with the HD Touring shocks. Been there........done that.
;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just went through the same agonizing decision! I went with the White Bros on my 03 RK. Easy on with good results. I was told to stay away from the touring shocks from my dealer's parts mgr. Not worth it!

Good Luck!:cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try Progressive suspension's 440 series shock. You can lower the bike as much as 1.5 inches and the ride is much better than the air shocks. They are a bit pricey but they are worth it.

Elvis

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Legends makes a adjustable air ride kit for the King. Lets you change rear height at will. I've heard its preety neat, although a little pricey.

·
Registered
94 Posts
elvis said:
Try Progressive suspension's 440 series shock. You can lower the bike as much as 1.5 inches and the ride is much better than the air shocks. They are a bit pricey but they are worth it.

Elvis
Elvis, which size 440 did you go with? Did you do anything to lower the front end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with the 11.5 inch shock. I left the front stock. These shocks actually give you that floating Electra Glide feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts