V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a supertrapp for my FLHRI. It has the 95 big bore kit and over the winter I added AMS heads and TW26 cam. I have not yet dyno tuned it. After reading other posts here I have purchased the Summit Racing open cap and plan to use (start) with 12 discs. Does this seem correct for what I have? My understanding is that when dyno tuning you tune the AFR irrespective of the number of disks used or type of cap. If this is the case then how do you figure out the number of disks? Is is simply adding/subrtracting disks and then running it on the dyno again?

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you do not already have one, see if you can get a referal to a good tuner. Then ask him if he has worked with Supertrapps (similar to the old White Brother's e-series). He will/should know where to start for what you want out of the performance. Also ask what his preference is for fuel management (PCIII, SERT etc). You may not notice the difference between 1 or 2 discs (up or down) but the Dyno results will probably reflect it. 2:1 tunables allow them to almost get rid of the low end TQ dip that you see on some Dyno's. I am not an expert but I will say that my tuner achieved great results that I could feel by the seat of my pants. By the way, see if your dealer will provide you with a low cost dyno test (no adjustments, just a couple of runs to provide you with a base line to compare to after you make the Pipe and Air changes. Just my 2 cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts