V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 04 Heritage Softail. I still have the stock exhaust and am looking to upgrade there. I have my selections down to these two. I love the sound of the Supertrapps. Has anyone put these on their scoot? Also, how difficult is the install? I would prefer to put these on myself and have the stealership re-jet the carb and service. Will there be any clearance problems with the passenger pegs/boards? An help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
I tried MM's on my flstc, I wanted to test a bunch of pipes at the strip one day.
My specific compression/cam set up really made these pipes sound like nothing else out there, everyone was commenting on the sound and wished their HD sounded like that !
They are THE loudest thing you can put on a bike !
Plan on recalibrating ALL circuits of the carb for this set up.
As long as you have the oem floorboards etc, things should bolt up no problem.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Can't compare to the Trapps but there isn't a thing I'd change with the BSS's on a TC88... looks, performance, sound.

If you have broadband, have a video/soundclip of the BSS's on an '02 carbed Heritage... 30sec - 18meg streaming video Sorry for the size, but the sound comes through well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a set of Mean Mothers on my 05 AIH Legend (S&S 111') - they went on easy as can be, are real loud, but still deliver good performance w/ the baffles that came in them.

My brother has Big shots staggered on his FXDWG - look great, GREAT performance gains (they run like a 2 into 1 pipe).

IMO, V&H better performance, MM better and louder sound. Both are good choices, both need minor jetting changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a '05 FXDWG with the BSS's. They went on easy, and with minor jetting they have big power and torque increases, look great, are loud and getting louder as the baffle packing is burning away. In my opinion, the best! :bowdwn:

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Supertrapp Mean Mothers Std., V & H Big Shots Staggered, and the Screaming Eagle Exhaust all look very similar. Since I first started this...it was only about the Supertrapp's and the Vance and Hines. Now, what about the third? Are the Screaming Eagles similar? Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts