V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering new exhaust for my Deuce. Looking at 2-2's. Considerations thus far are V&H BSS's, Rinehart Flush, Supertrapp MM Shorts. Can't fine any dyno charts out there for anyone with Mean Mothers.

Yes, I know all about the performance advantages a good 2-1 pipes. I also know that 2-1's need to be tuned by someone who knows how to properly tune 2-1's otherwise you will leave some of that potential performance advantage on-the-table. Looks & Sound are also equally important to performance and I can't find a 2-1 that has sound & performance that I'd be happy with looks of.

Yes, I know that Bassani & Cycle Shack make good 2-2 pipes, but they have a look that just does not cut it (IMO) for my Deuce.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Mean Mothers Here...

I went with the Supertrapp Mean Mother shorts here. I love them. I did not dyno with them. I cannot tell any difference between the stock and the MM's as far as performance. I have a 2004 FLSTC. At this time, I have not changed anything else. The carb was not rejetted per Bruce at Supertrapp. Much like anything else with your bike, it is what matters to you. I considered the V & H BSS but heard a friends MM's and was sold on them. I wouldn't have anything else. I, too, could not stand for the 2-1 look. But like I said earlier, to each his own.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the MM's may not be a strong performer. I called Supertrapp and they told me that the head pipe is 1.75" and then stepped to 2.25" just after the last bend. 2.25" is a big leap from 1.75" and is in all likelihood way to much for a 95" motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts