V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin' folks

I recently picked up a Supertrappe 2 into 1 and I'm enjoying it...except for one issue. The clamp that ties the system to the mount (that comes off the transmission) keeps breaking. First time I installed it a bit tight....second time it was just snug enough to not really move around. Problem is there is a gap between the exhaust and the mount, but the instructions for the exhaust said to tighten it to the heads first......after doing so there was a gap between it and that tranny.

Anyone having a similar issue? Anyone running it without that strap?

Steel

·
Registered
569 Posts
I always used a 3/4 long spacer with two fiber washers in place for that application. eventually I remade the tube out of 3/4 thin-wall (.060) square tube chromoly.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Broke mine a couple times. Welded it the last time and use washers for spacers. I like the idea of a solid spacer.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
I have about 30,000 miles on mine without breaking a clamp. Mine fits against the trans mount with no gap, I use a heavy duty stainless clamp and don't hog it down.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Evenin' folks

I recently picked up a Supertrappe 2 into 1 and I'm enjoying it...except for one issue. The clamp that ties the system to the mount (that comes off the transmission) keeps breaking. First time I installed it a bit tight....second time it was just snug enough to not really move around. Problem is there is a gap between the exhaust and the mount, but the instructions for the exhaust said to tighten it to the heads first......after doing so there was a gap between it and that tranny.

Anyone having a similar issue? Anyone running it without that strap?

Steel
i had same issue broke a bunch of clamps ,i contacted supertrapp and they sent me at no charge a aircraft style clamp to use on tranny mnt no problems after that .i think the biggest problem is stock mount is sharp on edges and a little vibration snaps the hose clamp type clamps ,hope this helps .thanks pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts