V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
does anyone know how many discs I have to put on this exhaust to be sure not to damage the engine? I will run it with closed endcap.
Regards,
271ABN

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
271ABN said:
Hi,
does anyone know how many discs I have to put on this exhaust to be sure not to damage the engine? I will run it with closed endcap.
Regards,
271ABN
I ran with 14 until I got the open end cap. The disks were always a bit black and sooty, indicating that I was running a bit rich. Give that a try and add disks if you think the setting is too restrictive.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,853 Posts
Hey, do y'all think that the correct number of discs for a given engine would be about the same for the E-pipe as for the Supertrapp? Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
arjonaut said:
Hey, do y'all think that the correct number of discs for a given engine would be about the same for the E-pipe as for the Supertrapp? Thanks,

Joe
Sorry Joe,

I don't know that one. I'm not familiar with the White Bros E-Series. You might want to PM Ohiomotoxer. His responses were very helpful when I was doing my setup.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,853 Posts
Lunker said:
Sorry Joe,

I don't know that one. I'm not familiar with the White Bros E-Series. You might want to PM Ohiomotoxer. His responses were very helpful when I was doing my setup.
Ok man, thanks. Maybe he'll stumble across this thread.

Joe

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
Kinda sorta, the "E" series disc is not exactly like the Trapp disc.
I wish I could remember the optimum number that I found from dyno testing. I wanna say 18 with their closed end cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts