V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Nicer in Person

Saw his bike in the bike show at Las Vegas BikeFest.

The bike looks even better in person than in the pic. And it looks really HOT in the bike.

SuperKaz did good!;)

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
PJ,
this pic is of the new supertrapp system I installed.At the show I ran the sampsons.I think these pipe go better with the euro look.
Kaz...............

·
Registered
543 Posts
Kaz, everytime I see this bike I like it better. I didnt think I liked the looks of the Supertrapp as well, but I think it's really growing on me. I guess I'll hold off on buying those V-Mods and think about this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bike looks great. Beautiful paint job. One thing I'm not sure of though is the headlight attachment. I always think those things look out of place on a bike (especially the V-Rod). Is it a European thing? Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Superkaz, quick questions what kind of handle bars, and did you do the SE eprom and filter with the new Supertrapp, along with are you running a closed or open end cap with them.

Nick

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Fugly,
Thank's ,it does kinda grow on you!

Bermuda,
I'm not your Normal Harley guy"thats why I bought th V-rod"!I'm more into the Racer look"not touring"with the Euro Fairing and Drag bar set up.

Nxtr,
My bars a Rick's Customs "Drag Bars" from Germany.
I used a Techlusion Box to tune my bike on a chassie dyno.60+ runs!Trying all sorts of combo .I'm not sure what you mean by"closed or open end caps"?
Kaz..................:cool:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by"closed or open end caps"?
Kaz, he's referring to your end caps on your SuperTraps.
I used a Techlusion Box to tune my bike on a chassis dyno
He's inquiring about your eprom, which you still have with your pc/techlusion. Which download? stock/SE1/SE2?
I'm not your Normal Harley guy
Keyword: "Normal":p

All do respect Kaz, freakin righteous rig you got there. A real show stopper to be proud of. Only thing I'd chuck is that super trashcan exhaust. Bet you'd get more ponies with V-Mods. Right from the box, with no tuning or pc, I'm at 117.5. Imagine what a pc and a little more massaging would do?

I'm headed out right now to the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo. I just got paid and I'm in a shopping kind of mood. I'll report my findings when I return from my conquest. Stop me before I spend again!

speed safely

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
OH!DUH,
Open,stock tune as base setup.I think the V-mod pipes are just a little to "stock looking".I think the ST's are pretty "techno"and sound musical!It really bring out the sounds of the engine!
wait till you get a look at my next mods!It will really "push the envelope"!
Have fun shopping!
Kaz..............

·
Registered
69 Posts
DITTO'S

Fugly said:
Kaz, everytime I see this bike I like it better. I didnt think I liked the looks of the Supertrapp as well, but I think it's really growing on me. I guess I'll hold off on buying those V-Mods and think about this.
Fugly said it right , I'm come'n around........

Hutch

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Hutch,
Thank's!I think my next set of mod's just might win you guy's over.It's gonna be Bad A$$!
Kaz.........................:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kaz's bike

Hey Kaz, did you lower your bike and is that a wide tire kit. If so is it Eurocomponents and how much did it cost? Also, I like what you've done by getting rid of the rear signals and that black plastic. My dealer suggested the same and I was going to put chrome rear signals (same as front, which I've remounted onto forks) onto a piece of aluminum that would hold them as well as the license plate. Anyway, nice bike.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Paul,
Yes it's almost 2inches in the rear with a custom set of Fox Shocks.It gets rid of the "Stink Bug" look.It's a "Rick's Custom" wheels,tires 240,bars,fender"rear",pulley, and rotors from Germany.Alot!I have about 20g's on top of the 30g's($22,995+7k extra's) I put into her when I first got her!!!
Thank's,
Kaz..........

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have a set of Supertrapps on my bike about 30 miles of use. they are being removed, if anyones interested, ill sell them cheap, just PM or email me. I also am removing the Power Commander, so ill sell that with them, which should fit right in the box and not modify shipping costs. Also on bike for 30 miles. Heres a chance for you to try the Supertrapps and Power Commander for half what they would cost you new. I think the Trapps came with a small , hardly noticable scuff in them, so you know.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Major Attitude said:
Have a set of Supertrapps on my bike about 30 miles of use. they are being removed, if anyones interested, ill sell them cheap, just PM or email me. I also am removing the Power Commander, so ill sell that with them, which should fit right in the box and not modify shipping costs. Also on bike for 30 miles. Heres a chance for you to try the Supertrapps and Power Commander for half what they would cost you new. I think the Trapps came with a small , hardly noticable, very small scuff or scratch in them, so you know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kaz

Thanks for the reply. I am a Firefighter in Calgary, Canada (by the way Nov 18 and still riding everyday.....not too bad for this time of year) and I had a 2002 and rode in down in Scottsdale last winter (leave of absence from the Fire Dept) and sold it because I had an 03 on order which I picked up late August here. Anyway, I want to lower the rear end and I looked at the Progressive shocks but they only give you 1 inch and I want at least 1.5 or 2 inches. I saw in a magazine that Arlen Ness has made a lowering kit that just relocates the top of the shock 2 inches higher but it wont be available for a month or two. I have never heard of the Fox shocks before.....what is your opinion? lowering kit or the shocks and if shocks, how much are these Fox units and exactly how much lower? Also, what are your thoughts on those straight bars from Germany?

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
The shocks were $459 so I'm sure the lowering kit would be alot cheaper!I have the Rick's custom Drag bars that aren't totally straight.I love them!
Kaz..................

1 - 18 of 18 Posts