V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this hasn't been beat to death, but I saw nothing anywhere to help me decide on a new rear tire.
'04 FXDI Dyna Superglide. The rear tire, with 13,000 miles, is to the wear bars. Time to look for a new one.
The dealer says the OEM is still the best tire out there (of course). I'm not sold on that, but I need opinions from all of you Dyna owners on a good tire.
I'm looking for long wear, reasonable price & performance.
Thanks in advance.:unsure: :beer:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. 2005 FXDI with 14,000 miles.

I plan on staying with the OEM tire for now since I won't be replacing the front tire yet.

I had considered the Metzlers when it's time to replace the front and back but I think I will most probably stay with the OEM's.

The OEM tires gave me good wear and seem to do well in the rain and the dry.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Coming back from Sturgis we got caught in HEAVY rain in Iowa, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Va and Pa.

At times it rained so hard we could barely see where we were going however the tires never let me down. This is with 9000-10000 miles on them.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
FUNHOG said:
I hope this hasn't been beat to death, but I saw nothing anywhere to help me decide on a new rear tire.
'04 FXDI Dyna Superglide. The rear tire, with 13,000 miles, is to the wear bars. Time to look for a new one.
The dealer says the OEM is still the best tire out there (of course). I'm not sold on that, but I need opinions from all of you Dyna owners on a good tire.
I'm looking for long wear, reasonable price & performance.
Thanks in advance.:unsure: :beer:
I'm using k591's on my '01 fxd,not bad,but i will go w/ avon's next time.I have a 15/80 on the rear and a metzeler is just too wide to fit.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
OEM Dunlops are a good compromise all factors considered. I change tires out well before I get to the wear bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts