V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows what size forks i have on my 01 super glide, and if i had the same size Tripple tree from a wide glide can i put my tubes on them? thanks Kim

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Best thing is to get a dial caliper and measure them. If I had to guess, I'd say 39mm. Depending on the year of WG triple trees, they could be 41mm, 44mm and I think you can get 39mm WG triple trees from Seeger Cycle.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
pretty sure your 01 has the same frontend as my 02 did and it had 39mm fork tubes , the wide glide had 41mm in 02 , I know it doesnt sound like much but everyone I talked to said not to try my tubes in Wide glide trees, also I believe the wide glide legs are longer than your super glide legs which would throw your trail off affecting handling.

LoneEagle

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that makes sense, i will probably have to go to a whole front end or go back to my orginal plan and just go with the 21" wheel on my forks. thanks Kim

·
Registered
138 Posts
triple trees

you can get triple tree conversion kits from vulcan engineering for a good price, put a nice mid glide on my 06 sporty, chrome is nice everything included in kits

1 - 7 of 7 Posts