V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why doesn't anyone use super E's any more. all i ever hear about is cv's and mikuni's, i gues i was raised old school but ive never had any problem or complaints with a s&s, does anyone else?

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Carb

crazytrain said:
why doesn't anyone use super E's any more. all i ever hear about is cv's and mikuni's, i gues i was raised old school but ive never had any problem or complaints with a s&s, does anyone else?
We use those in the proper application. They work well, and can be modified to work even better.
Scott

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
out on a limb here, but for the average joe, the cv and mikuni are easier to make for better drivability on a daily rider. there are other carbs in market today that work very well also, like bob woods carbs.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
crazytrain said:
A Super "E" has only two fuel circuits...while that was fine for the Shovelheads it's not an easy task to tune for the newer Evo's and especially Twin Cams...you end up tuning the top and bottom towards the middle to get rid of a flat spot in the middle...the can be improved with a Thunderjet and work quite well with that additional curcuit...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was talking to the guys at big boyz about having my heads doen and got into the same conversation and he explained the same thing about the s&s only having 2 curcuits, it's makes a lot of sense now so thanks. by the way i already have the thunderjet in the mail

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Carb

We have dedicated fixtures that allow boring of those, as well as G carbs, and the CV's also. In the applications that want/need those modifications, it works very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts