V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 51928-01 seat from local Harley dealer and then was able to get a 52903-01 installation kit which is obsolete from dealer to install on my 2006 FLHRCI.
The bolts that came from the seat kit are the same ones that came with the mounting kit, and neither fit the seat's threaded inserts. Much too large thread to even start. I have over the years accumulated many bolts but can't find any that work without forcing them in and fear that I may screw the inserts. Any cure for this?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Fine thread? Coarse thread? SAE? Metric?
If you are sure nothing fits then it's time to beak out the tap & die kit.
Maybe bring the seat to the bolt selling store and try a few in there.

·
Registered
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
354 Posts
What parts are you talking about? Looks like the bracket kit come with # 10 11 &12. I had the same seat on a 2006 FLHX. The accord nuts were 5/16-18 thread. See item # 1. You only need the nut in the picture labeled 10,11if you are going to install a passenger pad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes I just like it easy, that's why I chose Harley parts to be compatible. I guess it's improvise time again. Thanks for the suggested ideas. Funny how the seat is available but not the mounting kit.....I was lucky to find one and thought that would do the job. Shame on my, as I have tackled cams and heads and bearing replacements, and can't mount a seat? Go figure !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like it is the TIME to take your PARTS to the HARDWARE AISLE at MENARD's / LOWE's & start
TEST Fitting bolts into those thread inserts !!!

The thing about METRIC Threads is that they come in so -So - SO many increments
= .00 / .25 / .50 etc Etc ETC

[email protected]@D LUCK
COOP

Just bought a 51928-01 seat from local Harley dealer and then was able to get a 52903-01 installation kit which is obsolete from dealer to install on my 2006 FLHRCI.
The bolts that came from the seat kit are the same ones that came with the mounting kit, and neither fit the seat's threaded inserts. Much too large thread to even start. I have over the years accumulated many bolts but can't find any that work without forcing them in and fear that I may screw the inserts. Any cure for this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like it is the TIME to take your PARTS to the HARDWARE AISLE at MENARD's / LOWE's & start
TEST Fitting bolts into those thread inserts !!!

The thing about METRIC Threads is that they come in so -So - SO many increments
= .00 / .25 / .50 etc Etc ETC

[email protected]@D LUCK
COOP

You're right on with the answer. Thanks. Went back to the local Harley store, and they fitted 2 bolts for the job. Perfect: and for free. That's a first for Harley. Still wonder why the parts that came with the seat/hardware kit, didn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts