V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my Sundowner solo seat and pillion on for nearly a week. I haven't been able to ride that much but I did ride for awhile today. Although the seat is much firmer than my old seat it seems to be very comfortable on the highway. I think I am going to like it for me....the important factor is whether my wife will like the wider pillion when she rides with me. It is 12 1/2" wide compared to the 8 1/2" width of the sport seat that it replaces. I also installed the wider contoured backrest pad. I'll let you guys know how she likes her half of the seat whenever she rides with me next.

While I was around a Harley shop today I stopped in to look for an air cleaner cover insert. The one I have had on has the gold flames and HD insignia. The gold part of the flames was starting to turn kinda brown so I bought the chromed billet looking insert. And while I was there I bought a new rack for the back replacing the round tube one that I use for the rack bag. Damn it's so much fun to spend money on my bike.......until the wife sees the check-book that is!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: HMMMMMMMMMmmmm

GROUCHO said:
I'm thinkin about the 2 up sundowner...Why did you opt for the solo and pillion???
The solo and pillion are both a half inch wider than the one piece Sundowner.. I was really getting it for a wider passenger seat anyway. The Solo has a cradeling contour that really feels great along with a narrow front that is nice for constant feet-down stop and go traffic like I encountered in Daytona. I really like the looks of it better also.

Later,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts