V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up from the dealer the Sundowner seat I ordered for my 05 Road King. Put It on last night and took a 200 mile ride round trip and I love the seat a big improvement over the stock RK seat at first I didn't think I was going to like it as it felt wide when I sat on it but I love it so far. Anyone looking for a replacement seat at a good price for the RK or E Glide should try It. I still am curious about the Mustang seat I will check it out when I go to Americade this summer, Corbin is just too expensive for me Thanks Bill~!Awesome!

·
Registered
55 Posts
with regard to the mustang seat, i love mine... i've had it for about 8 months and put about 6k miles on it so far. i feel like i can ride forever with the seat...

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I have tried both and fell that they are both really great. I like the sundowner myself as i feel that it is softer and supportive. The mustang is also great but a little firmer. The mustang gets better with time though...

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Mustang vs. Sundowner

I started with the Sundowner on my Road King. Although it was a huge improvement over the stock seat, my wife and I were not satisfied. It was uncomfortable on long all day rides. I did lots of research and decided to sell the Sundowner and spring for a Mustang touring seat with riders backrest. The Mustang didn't cost much more than the Sundowner and it seems like its constructed a little better (the seat pan is sturdier). It's much better for us and I have 15,000 miles in the Mustang seat so far with no regrets!;)

·
Free agent
795 Posts
comparison

I have a sundowner on my 05' RK Classic and love it! I just bought a Mustang solo seat, and while it is firmer it does set you up a little higher. The Sundowner makes you feel like you are part of the bike because it is so deep. I feel as if I've sitting on top of the bike with the Mustang. If you have the ability to test them, you'll see what I mean. I am getting a Sundowner solo as soon as they go on sale. They are both great seats...I just prefer the Sundowner for comfort. I could go all day with zero pain in butt, back or legs. But then again...I like Chevy over Ford.:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts