V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rain only hung around for Saturday, so today was ride time! It was cool and crisp, but chrystal clear out and the destination was Alice's Restaurant at the intersection of Hwy 84 and Skyline in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Usually, this place is a motorcycle Mecca but not too many folks were out today. That said, there were still a few photo-worthy bikes out and about. The coolest belonged to the guys I rode up there with, though. Twin 1970 BSA Thunderbolt 650's in immaculate condition! Enjoy the snapshots!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Brings back a few memories.

Thorns

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
The ride to Alice's Restaurant is really nice. Food aint to bad either. My manager and I take a ride up there every Friday for lunch when weather and schedules permits. Lots of fun, as well as amazing views. Sometimes the sport bike/car guys get annoying as they like to crowd cruisers on the twisties. Some will even pass in the middle of a blind turn. Pisses me off sometimes, but I just remind myself that that person will probably be this years Darwin Award winner...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
That's a great ride , I lived out there for many years and loved to ride up 84 to Alice's for breakfast , then spend the day riding all over the area. Great roads, great weather, great memories.

·
Registered
14 Posts
While working in MTN View in October 2003 I rented a bike from a small independent in San Jose and he suggested that ride. It was awesome!!! One of the best times of my life!! In fact the following spring I bought my first new HD - Fat Boy. Great diversity in terrain, NH is similar with mountains and ocean but you can't beat that California weather! Thanks for sharing the pics and for bringing back that memory!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts