V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with using the Sumax pushrod tubes? Will they work with adjustable pushrods and any leaking concerns? Looking at trying a set on a Twin Cam.

Thanks,
DEVILDOG {salute(

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
They are very nice looking but in the past I have had issue with the threads galling. After speaking with them about it I can away with idea that they really where more for looks than use.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
they really where more for looks than use.
You're probably right. Somehow I just can't figure how people can make stuff like this when proper functioning is usually not many steps further.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
I have used Sumax pushrod tubes on my bike for over 10 years and have never had a problem with them.

Of course that doesn't mean none of them don't have problems.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Springer

I had heard good things about them but after having issue with several sets we did I stopped using them. One thing is the theards are very fine and I did use anti- seize as they suggested but when I went back into the engine 6-7 months later to do a cam swap I could not get them apart, and when I did they stripped out. We did several custom TP engines for a shop and used them on all and all had issue's. But hey maybe just me and too much lizard juice and CRANKED them down to hard LOL

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
jrehm said:
You're probably right. Somehow I just can't figure how people can make stuff like this when proper functioning is usually not many steps further.
I agree, if all the products that didn't function properly were eliminated, the aftermarket would thin out considerably.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
hey maybe just me and too much lizard juice and CRANKED them down to hard LOL
Listen... to each their own, but it is my belief that the lizard juice factor should figure into damn near anything designed for use on a HD. As a matter of fact, the ISO should include a manufacturing standard which compensates for the lizard effect.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments - decided to spend the money on forged rocker arm supports.

DEVILDOG {salute(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts