V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some "cant miss or you came for nothing" type things to do/see while in Sturgis? Top five maybe?

Seven days left

·
Registered
207 Posts
The actual town of Sturgis can get old quick. Spend at least a day riding over to Keystone & Mount Rushmore. Deadwood is also not to be missed.
Don't start drinking until you are where you are going to stay. The best parties are in the camp grounds.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Don't know if your into drag bikes but there is fast racing going on at Sturgis Dragway:

Aug
5 WMDRA/Amzoil Rally Races - Test & Tune
6 WMDRA/Amzoil Rally Races - Qualifying
7 WMDRA/Amzoil Rally Races - Eliminations

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
All of the above.
Take the ride in and out of Nemo. You can get to Nemo from Rapid City, Lead/Deadwood, or Junction Ave from Sturgis.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Custer State Park/Needles Highway
One of the funniest and saddest moments was watching a camper stuck in a needles highway tunnel (just too big). The language and hostility displayed by the couple were priceless. You knew the marriage was in trouble and if they made it out, a divorce was expected.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Hullet Wyoming(Ham & Jam on Wed) Stone House Saloon, Sylvan Lake, Needles Highway, Spearfish Canyon and plenty more. You can't see it all in one trip. Don't speed zero tolerance, don't drink & drive zero tolerence, no illegal substance or you can kiss your ride goodbye as you donate it to South Dakota law enforcement.

·
Registered
54 Posts
rick you went at the right time screw all of that traffic and BS in Sturgis... you can get some serious riding in a few weeks before the rally. The Newbs will figure this one out after the first go around.
Got that right I'm headin out weekend rally ends did that a few yrs ago great riding no traffic. Went last yr during rally wont be doing that again anytime soon. I can only take one day of craziness and that's enough for me guess I'm getting old

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far traffic has not been an issue at all. But the rally hasn't really started yet either. Maybe some folks sat this one out for the big HD Milwaukee bash.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts