V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering if it would be cost effective to plan a trip to Sturgis in July, mainley to ride the Black Hills and see the seights. hey i love bike week but some times to many people. not to say any thing about the cost of a bike week trip. yes i know there would be motor homes and campers all over the place. but just maybe some harley riders out there at that time?
does any body have any experiance at that time of the year? i would like to hear about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Slamin',
I don't have any experienc at that time of the year, but I do know that sites look just as good as they do in August. I don't think you will escape the heat though. July is about the same as August. The area is really beatiful and being able to go where you please without the thousands of people around probably woudln't be have bad either. You would probably get to see more than you would during the rally because of the lack of people.

If you are not that interested in the rally itself I would say go for it.

B

·
0 Posts
Sammy, I'm meeting my brothers in SD in late July, we're all riding from our respective homes. Also bringin a van, camper and some little kids too, so the rally wasn't in the cards this year. I like to ride in small groups anyway. We'll do a big rally when gramma can keep the kids...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts