V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
SturgisNorth

Hi Diego, agree that it's kinda sad they had to play on the Sturgis thing... That said, from a business model point of view, it has worked!!! You can not get a motel/B&B/hotel room anywhere within 10 miles.
Our group booked a nice b&b within days of first press release. Even then there was only two rooms left in town!!
There are 12 of us with some riding from Camrose+Drumheller,Alta and some from Sooke+Vancouver.
Should be a great party. Seems the Salmon Arm Stomp will be happening at same time.
Any of our southern friends comin up?? Diego is right, some of the rides in the interior are AMAZING...

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Official invite if that's what's needed

Ok bro's south of the border, who's coming??
Fellow Canadians??

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I'm going to be there camping with the family. I just found out about the event when I booked our campsite 2 days ago and they told me about it then. Pretty nice bonus for me as we were going to be there anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sturgis North/Summer Stomp

I might have found a loophole:) It looks like the 23rd annual Summer Stomp is at the same time. It's about 15 min south of Salmon Arm. Camping for the 3 day Stomp is $50. They have thier own live bands, etc. Hmmm, this might work...
www.summerstomp.ca

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sturgis North cancelled

Just heard last night that Sturgis North is cancelled. They had lost the use of one of the main sites and no one wanted to pay for security. I was wondering if this would be a go. They tried to go too big too fast. Hopefully they don't take people's money and run. For those who wanted to party at a biker bash in BC, there are still a couple good ones http://www.toadrockcampground.com/events.php
http://www.aiminteriorbc.org/boogiebash/
I think the Stomp is still happening too.
http://www.summerstomp.ca/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Just heard that they worked out some issues and it's back on. I wouldn't buy advance tickets just yet but if it happens, it could be a good party. I would keep an eye on the website instead of taking my word for it :)
http://sturgisnorth.com/

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
NOT cancelled

They have secured a new venue for the concerts, have security handled, have the city council on side, all going ahead!!! Been following it pretty close as we (12 of us) have paid lol...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, it's definitely on and looks like a great time. They had thier booth set up last weekend at Slack Alice's in Penticton. I will be staying at the Summer Stomp grounds and ride in to check out the shows. I hope they do well. There are a lot of great biker parties around but none that have this level of entertainment.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
I am thinking seriousley of doing this trip to Salmon Arm. I can take a ferry to Prince Rupert and ride down from there. Anyone going to be passing through Rupert on your way down maybe we could hook up and ride down together ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hang on champ ! Word on the street ( paper) is that it is going to be moved 32km west to Spallumcheen. Race track there , that handles 7500 people or so ! Problem lies , as it has no hotels ! Bars either !Camping only ! So 32km to Salmon Arm or 19km to Vernon !Sounds like a long shuttle ride either way! I have rooms booked in Salmon Arm , looking like I will give them up and find another Bike rally else were !

P.S. Was there last year and had a blast !

Bandit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Checked thier website and it looks like it will be at the Sun Valley Speedway. It is a good facility between Vernon and Falkland but as Bandit mentioned there is not too much around there. It is not a far ride from motels in Vernon and Armstrong and down Westside Road. I think there may even be a few rooms in Falkland but all are 15 - 20 minutes away. The area has amazing roads for riding and lots of biker friendly towns. It's definitely worth checking out again.

·
Registered
810 Posts
As you likely know already, the site still says tickets on sale in 2 weeks.... went ahead and subscribed to the newsletter...... I may just combine this event as a starting point, then across Canada and drop down into the Dakotas for Sturgis.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Salmon Arm rooms

Anyone want my room in Salmon Arm now !!! LOL . I don't think a 32km ride after the all day drinking & ***** would be a good idea ! Rats ! had a room booked at the Best Western . Doesn't look like any kinda shuttle would be available !

o-Ya will trade room for room in a toy hauler !!! LOL

Old lady doesn't Tent:hystria: ! LOL

Bandit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts