V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
the beginning of the week by far is the best part of the rally. but then you have to like the crowds, because that is when it is most crowded too.

if i was going to recommend any sort of camp grounds, i would recommend two diff ones. the first one would be lamphere, (close to glencoe, whom changed there prices this year and many are not going there, see the sturgis forum), and the other would be called elk view camp ground, its right along interstate 90, about 4 miles from sturgis. that one is also a good one, and has a good reputation for being clean and affordable

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
oh, there are motels to be found, but the question is, is do you want to pay BIG BUCKS to stay in them for a week. honestly, i think if i was coming to the rally, in order to get the real feel for it, i would want to camp, and that is saying ALOT because i absolutely hate to camp. from what i hear and gather tho, the camping part after a days ride, or a day in town is lots of fun:brows:

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
again, i stress, i absolutely HATE to camp, but ya know, that is major part of the sturgis expierence, IMHO, but i guess it depends on if you want to rough it or not:banana:

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
when you come to the granddaddy of them all, you deal with the traffic. the sturgis rally didn't become so big with out the people that come here ya know. its fun. take your time, enjoy the views, the traffic and scenary:hmmm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.