V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to throw a big HDF gathering in Sturgis this year since this is one rally that most people will make this year.

My thoughts are to have an event coordinater from the local area (Ginger :) )to select a spot that can easily accomodate all of the folks that plan on attending.

I will sell "tickets" via the website at say $15 each. This will cover burgers, dogs, drinks and any rental fees of equipment or accomodations that we will need (site rental etc). This will also give us a true headcount as to how many folks are planning on attending. Even those with the least amount of inclination on attending could fork out $15 without problem. This way we will be sure to have enough food and an adequate meeting area.

We can plan this event to be on the second day to give everyone enough time to get there.

What are everyones thoughts? Ginger?

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Well now I am totally bummed! I have no plans to go this year!:( But, that's what I said last year too and ended up going so who knows!:D

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
DP: that sounds like a excellent plan. i am not a very good planner type person.....but i would certainly give it a whirl. can i offer just a few suggestions? actually, i am ganna start with a question before i offer my suggestions if i may. is this shing ding something so that we can all plan a meet? or is something more to it then that. i have a reason why i ask in the suggestions after i hear your reply.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing more than a social gathering. Food, beer and fun at a pre-designated place. Maybe a park? Or a campground?

I will help you plan it and give you a plan to work with so dont worry about it. We will see what kind of member support we get.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
what about this......(just throwing ideas at you, you can say yay or nay) last year we did this, but only a small few showed, but still was fun. there is a small town outside of sturgis about 7 miles or so, that has a bar called the HOLE IN THE WALL. it was "quiet" enough to be able to sit and visit, but yet, people there to socialize. instead of a "food" get together, what about meeting after everyone gets done riding for the day at that place for a couple or three beers and get to know each other? they also have a nice patio, which was still being built last year, that we could all sit out in, and enjoy the cool air and the sun going down. ideas?

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats Ok by me and sounds pretty easy and do'able.

I only came up with the "outdoor" thing because if we have alot of people that say they are showing up, a Bar might not accomodate everyone.

I am game either way. :)

Still have not heard from any other members. Do they not scroll down this far?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
How would ginger's OM like for 30-50 riders to show up and drink his beer? :D LOL!

dp, can't make Sturgis this year. Went last year. Have other plans for a riding vacation in August. The idea is a good one! I went to an "eyeball" there last year at a bar with a patio. Downside is the weather varies so and it was drizzly. Put a DAMPER (yuk, yuk) on the party. Maybe ginger and deb have ideas for a site?

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
DP: this place that i spoke of is not of course the best of quality of bars, but it is not bad. mustang was there last year and i met him, and maybe he can speak as well for this place, but it is not bad. they were working on the patio at the time we were there, and it is in the back of the bar, and everyone just sat around and had a couple three beers, visited, mingled shot the sh!t, and left. it was a extremely hot day that day, but sitting out on the patio after the sun started to go down, it was bearable.....lol. mustang? what do you think

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
It's actually a nice out of the way place. Don't know what their food is like tho. And I can get a Moose Drool. :D

·
Woo-hoo
2,579 Posts
I think it's a great idea

I think it's a great idea, and I'm all forward to meeting everyone. Even willing to send my $15.00 and the OM $15.00. Even if I can't make it, I want the money to go towards the get together. ( I won't know till the last minute. If I'm going or not ).

have a great day everybody

jb :D :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
What ever you all come up with , would be fine by me...It be cool, just to meet you all...Have a few beers, few munchees, or what ever...looking forward to it...later Hog:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dave,
Let me know when you want the money and I'll run it up to you. When are you leaving? We have a group of about 17 going up on Sunday with support vehicles. Let me know if you want to ride with us, we can pick you up on the way through OKC.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, I must have missed this thread, or overlooked it one. Sounds like a plan Jim. I was thinking about renting an RV to base out of. They want $1000 a week for it. A/C, TV, fridge, freezer, stove and sleeps 5 comfortably. Trying to round up some folks to chip in.

Where are you staying when you get there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts