V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired TMCM(SS)
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I each ride and were wondering if other two bike couples are heading to Sturgis next year and want some riding buddies. This is our first time as we both recently retired. Would also appreciate recommendations on the best scenic routes from Phoenix area to Sturgis area.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would highly suggest if you have the time leaving Az and going to Durango to Silverton to Ouray, then back to Durango cut across Co thru Pagosa / WolfCreek Pass, then North to Cheyenne, then up to Hill City, stay at Rafter J Campground, awesome place and nicely located to Custer State Park, Rushmore, and about 30 miles south of Sturgis, we loved our stay at Rafter J in the mini cabins !!!, and from there, well the road is yours !! When we go back for our 3rd trip we'll be at the J again !! Also Red Lodge, Montana !!! Beartooth Pass& Chief Joesph !!!! Awesome rides to Yosemite / Cody.

·
Retired TMCM(SS)
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great - we have been to Ouray before and will go thru there on the way up. I'm going to look into those mini-cabins you mention, too. Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts