V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We go every year for the whole week and usually try to hit every racing event that we can.

Four days of hillclimbing where our boys will be competing--- nights spent at the Gypsy flat track visiting with my Dad and Pearl Hoel -- riding in the hills when it gets to hot. :D

Ahhh,,,,,,, Sturgis sounds good right now. :cool:

The Queen of Sturgis;

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Jams, is the pic of you? I hope so!

In 1996, a group was invited from a camp ground to lead a flag parade of bikes around a dirt track outside of Rapid City. I had the pleasure of carrying a flag for my home state and then staying for the racing. Quite a treat, both ways.

FifthGear & Deb are coordinating plans for meeting at Sturgis. Take a look at those two threads.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Are you the one and same "KW Jams" from over at dirt rider. net??

It's me, Vincent WR400F. I bought me an XL 883R Sportster so I've been hanging out over here myself.

The Sporty looks right at home next to my '70 Bonnie :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I thought it was you Ken...glad to hear from you again. Hows the son's hillclimber doing these days?? Is the climb at Sturgis worth checking out??

I dont think I'm going to get chance to find out thanks to that @#$$%&^^%* Sadaam once again. Probably be over playin in the great sand box again. :mad:

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The hillclimbs in Sturgis

are more East Coast style hills and the neat thing about them is that there is four days of climbing. :cool:

My boys are doing pretty good. :cool:

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
i am somewhat rather embarressed to admit, but i have never been to any of the races or hill climbs. i say every year that we should go, but we never make it there. :eek: must be too busy doing everything else the rally provides.......:p

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone has to make it to the Half Mile this year at the Sturgis Fair Grounds. :cool:

There is a lot of concern that the rally is just turning into a big party and the history of motorcycle racing during the rally is on the way to becoming history.

I hope that never happens.

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
maybe i will just have to put that on my agenda for this year. a few years back, we went to the track and saw a excellent concert. it had 4 bands........BTO, april wine, edgar winter, and rick darringer, now THAT was a good time:D

·
Ridin' & Glidin'
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ginger,

I just noticed your title :) under your avatar.

Hope that I did not create any confusion with my post above with the picture of Pearl Hoel at the Sturgis museum.

But then I realized that you are "The Sturgis Queen" and Pearl is "The Queen of Sturgis" :D

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
LOL jams........no problem there.........pearl is definately a queen of sturgis....no matter which way ya look at it;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Will there be a complete schedule of all the racing available on the net? I was going out for the riding and the bikes and vendors (not much on partying) and didn't even know there was racing. That will be great! My first Sturgis so ignorance abounds on my part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts