V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Wide Glide with a 95" kit. When I bought the bike it had been put down and has the fins broken off the back cylinder and head so I want to replace it. From what I gather the 88 and 96 cylinders are the same and have a bore of 3.75 and the 95 is 3.875 so I should be able to use either to bore out to 3.875. My question is since it has very low miles and I only want to replace the rear cylinder is there a difference between the front and rear cylinders?

·
Registered
508 Posts
The cylinders are the same and interchangable, as stated the heads are front and rear specific.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I recently replaced the front cylinder due to a porous casting on my SE 95 cylinder. I threw in a set of rings and have had no problems at all. Parts is parts. Bike runs as good as ever. Someone suggested I might have more comp now in front cyl. I reassured him I will check them both thouroughly in another 40,000 miles! The bike runs with any 103s I come across so I don't feel the need to worry. A new cylinder is cheap, by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
As cheap as heads are I would replace both with a set of later heads 07 and up or at least open up the exhaust ports. Ports are better. Get the intake flanges to match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts