V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came out to my bike the other night ready to go home started it up seemed odd.running rich and had a miss The miss went away after it was warmed up rode it 30 miles home seemed alright. Next day went out for to go for a ride no miss still seemed slightly rich not a huge deal weather was fluctuating. Problem since is accelerating to quickly feels like its slipping normal throttle it doesnt slip until higher gears. feels like Im in neutral for a second before it kicks in you can hear the throttle accelrating but not picking up speed for a second. This is a bike that moves like a bat out of hell.

Things I have done after issue:
1 - readjusted the carb thinking maybe its flooding for a second before it picks up
2 - readjusted the belt thought slipping it was slipping there was time for the 1000mile new belt adjustment
3- changed spark plugs
4- checked fluid.
5- sprayed down heads looking for leak none. Havent done a leak down yet.

Things I have done before issue (previous 1000 miles):
1-Stator
2-clutch
3- clutch basket
4- clutch plate and hardware
5-throwout bearing and rod assembly
6- swing arm bushings
7- drive belt
8- new fluids

anybody got any ideas besides these still getting a little black smoke from richness but it is running good
Thanks,
Rob

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Sounds like a bad plug wire or possibly a bad coil to me. I see so many people change plugs but don't change the plug wires. That's like changing the oil and not changing the filter, which we all know is a bad thing to do.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
A slipping feeling would mean the clutch is slipping. So it seems like you have a couple problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts