V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice to meet ya, cool forum....first post!

I have an '04 Heritage EFI I bought barely used (102 miles). I have enjoyed it greatly 'cept now it's in the barn and we're getting about a foot of snow as I write this... So, I went out to remove the battery in anticipation of doing some work on 'er this winter.The original owner put in a battery tender and didn't put the seat strap back on (if it even had one??) so I figured all I gotta do is loosen rear screw and two side screws and slide the seat off....

It doesn't move at all with all three screws hanging loose....

Can someone advise the following:

Does it slide forward or backwards to come off?
Could I be missing something? I yanked on it pretty hard....
Any advice as to "convincing" the seat to loosen up??

Thanks & thanks for being here!!

Tony Heyes
Madison NH

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
It slides backwards and is a pain in the butt to get off. I disconnect all the attaching screws and knock the palms of my hands or fists rearward into the topside curved edges of the seats. Eventually it will back out enough to pull off. Good Luck...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
No need to beat on it. The side screws are more than screws.... on the bike, is a raised circular area, on the seat is an indentention. This allows the seat side bracket to "interlock" with the frame Once the side screws are loosened all the way, pull out and up to release that side. Do the same for the other side and it should come off very easily.

Once they're broken in (500 miles or so) they're super easy, but installing a brand new Heritage seat is the biggest pain in the butt !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts