V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to get a stuck CD out of my CD player? I have a '08 Streetglide. There may be two CDs in there, not sure. Grandkids have been messing with it. It will not eject now. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
does it play? if so,I hope it's a cd you like,you might be listening to it for a long time!

sorry I can't add anything constructive.I think you may end up at the dealer with it..

·
Slacker
199 Posts
I had a C.D stuck in my 05, long nose plyers/needle nose or those locking fishing plyers... pull firmly and forcefully.. C.D player may not work after this...... but it dont work now.. or send it into shop and have it opend up ?? $100 min..... to send in... no good options here just poke prod pull and hope for the best or send in..

Good luck let us know how it works out..

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Like danglide asked, "does it play?". Check if you have juice to it. Maybe a blown fuse and therefore can't eject. If it does have juice and still won't eject, you could probably take it apart and investigate to find the problem.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Usually with CD players there's a very small hole for a manual eject. Sometimes it's on the faceplate, sometimes it's in the back. I insert an unbent paperclip to open the tray.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does it play? if so,I hope it's a cd you like,you might be listening to it for a long time!

sorry I can't add anything constructive.I think you may end up at the dealer with it..
Yepper, it does play. Dark Side of The Moon by Pink Floyd is in it. I still have one week left on the warrantee, guess I better hurry it to the dealer. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Before you do anything that could further damage it try these 2 things;

Go for a 20 minute ride with the CD door open. This is the procedure to remove a stuck software update CD out. I don't know if it will work for your problem but it can't hurt.

Pull the Maxi Fuse and wait a bit before reinstalling. The idea here is to get the unit to reboot like a computer.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before you do anything that could further damage it try these 2 things;

Go for a 20 minute ride with the CD door open. This is the procedure to remove a stuck software update CD out. I don't know if it will work for your problem but it can't hurt.

Pull the Maxi Fuse and wait a bit before reinstalling. The idea here is to get the unit to reboot like a computer.
Will do that this morning, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just fixed mine (2008 RG), with 2 stuck CDs, grandkids weren't involved. Here were the steps:

Removed Maxi-Fuse
Covered fender with blanket
Removed fairing
Unplugged and removed player (four allen screws on the sides)
Removed top of the player (2 Torx at the rear, 2 tiny Torx at the front)
Coaxed out top CD (grabbed with pliers as soon as it appeared in the door)
Reinstalled Maxi-Fuse
Plugged player back in
Hit EJECT and VOILA! the 2nd CD came out

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
This works some times.
With power on take another CD stick it in a little it will trip the thes cd player into ejecting the stuck one out.
My 07 did it one time never did it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine also has a stuck cd in it. It will come out far enough for me to pull on it when i push the eject button but it then pulls back and goes in and starts playing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
May get better responses if you start a new post. This one is a couple of years old - sorry, I can't help though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts