V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I have a few questions here... more about prices between two products vs quality. here it is.

"8556 2” stretch tank with aero style cap $289.99" Cycle Supply
Thats the tank I want... my Aunt has the tank on her bike, and looks great.
J&P hs this same tank for close to $400. The person who painted the my friends tank had to do alot of prep work to it to get it paintable... I mean, more than usual.(From CS) Im just wondering if the tanks are the same, i mean, quality wise. Everything is the same, just the price. I wouldnt want to spend alot more on the same tank and get the same quality to boot. What do you all think?
Pay more for better quality tank = Less labor
Less Quality = more labor...

Could Cycle supply be getting the seconds, therfore selling them cheaper? or is J&P jacking the price.... Any opinions or experience would be appreciated....

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Most aftermarket tanks need quite a bit of prep work. I have bought a lot of stuff from Cycle Supply over the years and have never gotten anything other than first rate stuff. I highly recommend the chrome handlebar control sets that they sell for $129.00. They are every bit as good as the HD stuff for a lot less.

·
Registered
875 Posts
specifically http://www.metal-horse.com/tank.html Both tanks listed on the page were about the same, the flush mount tank said custom chrome on the box, and the tank I ended up using said drag specialties on the box, I would be willing to bet that both tanks were made by the same company in tawain or some other 3rd world country

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
misguided,
Your probably right about the made in taiwan crap. I guess Ill just go with the cheaper of the two and spend the extra $ to get it up to speed. Thanks alot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts