V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the SG bottom bag support bar bolt right on to a Electra Glide? I'd like to get rid of the rear crash bars. Any body know part numbers and $$$'s? Thanks, RD

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
PN# 46565-04 fits all 97 later touring models. Its in the P+A book. Page 438 of 07 book.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TXCHOP said:
PN# 46565-04 fits all 97 later touring models. Its in the P+A book. Page 438 of 07 book.
Is that number for a pair, or 1 only? If one only than it works on left and right side? RD

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
racerdave said:
Is that number for a pair, or 1 only? If one only than it works on left and right side? RD
A lot of them end up on Ebay. Funny thing, some people see those saddlebag guards as a good thing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
route66paul said:
A lot of them end up on Ebay. Funny thing, some people see those saddlebag guards as a good thing.
This may sound odd, but if I took the rear guards and bags off, I would be able to park my bike in a different spot in the garage, and could then be able to ride it a while longer this fall, although I'd have to put the bags on or ride without them. Otherwise its put it completely away in my shed for the winter now. I need to get my sleds in the garage!

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
racerdave said:
This may sound odd, but if I took the rear guards and bags off, I would be able to park my bike in a different spot in the garage, and could then be able to ride it a while longer this fall, although I'd have to put the bags on or ride without them. Otherwise its put it completely away in my shed for the winter now. I need to get my sleds in the garage!
You still end up with the bar that holds the bags up, which is about the middle of the bags. There is 2 different packages. The first comes stock on the street glide and I have seen another that bolts to the frame and uses the same black pipe support that you have now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts