V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode from the Central Coast at noon over to Bishop on Wednesday and spent the night. Up early with cloud cover and snow on the mountains at about 7000. Had snow on the ground both sides of road through Devils Pass at 7500. Made Carson City by noon and checked in to the hotel.

Friday morn rode out 50 east to 341 and up the old truck route to Virginia City. What a fantastic mountain road. Stayed til noon as the town was getting maxed out with people and bikes. On up to the pass and down the other side with an amazing view of the Sierras and Reno in the valley with a road just made for riding your scoot. Spent a few hours at the spectacle and rode down 395 back to Carson.

Saturday morn riding in the rain to breakfast in Minden and the afternoon in the local museums.

Sunday was an interesting trip over Carson pass at 8700 feet with rain and light snow at the top.

The Reno, Carson, Minden, Tahoe area is fantastic. I could live and ride there.

A few pictures.

Virginia City at about 11 am on Fri. Before the crowds got there.

Across the street from the Bucket of Blood Saloon.

Bras hanging from the chandeliers at the Union Brewery.

A cold one with a view of the surrounding mountains.

The sisters.

Reno in the valley below on the way from Virginia City.

Bikes everywhere......... a couple of my favorites.
Drag custom Shovel

61 Pan, 93 c.i.

Back in California in Jackson on the way home for a bite to eat and to warm up after the 35 degree temps, rain and snow at the Carson summit..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts