V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im seeing that the windshields with the flair out on the top is what helps with the buffeting of the helmet. I bought a cheap 7 inch with the flair and it did help some but trying for more. People are saying i need a flair with a little bit more degree of flair to help more. I want to find the one with the most flair so i can use the shortest one possible and still get the best stoppage of the helmet buffetting. Anyone on here that may have went through this and found the best brand to get for this issue? I know clock werks is spoke highly of but is there others to look at also? i just remember reading that you can get away with a shorter shield and still slow the buffetting way down if you get one with the better design/flair at the top of it. whats the favorite on here?

·
Fashion Conscious
1,916 Posts
I test rode a Klock Werks and don't care for it. It seemed like I was getting a lot of wind from the sides. I went back to my Long Ride Shield. I really like it, but my wife complains of wind.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I test rode a Klock Werks and don't care for it. It seemed like I was getting a lot of wind from the sides. I went back to my Long Ride Shield. I really like it, but my wife complains of wind.

comparing the long ride and klockworks, did one help the head buffetting more than the other and were they the same height?

·
Fashion Conscious
1,916 Posts
I thought the 10" Long Ride was better than the 11" Klock.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the 10" Long Ride was better than the 11" Klock.

Oh wow..I will look into a long ride for sure. Do you know which model of long ride you had? I see on their website they have several different models.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts

I had a klockwerks shield always cleaned it with 100% cotton cloth never an old t-shirt. After a year it developed many fine scratches on the edge at night there was a light show from one side to the other. My trike came with a shield with a radical curve that did nothing to keep the air out of my eyes. I bought one from Long Rides on sale got a percentage off for being a member here and another 10% for being a veteran. I'm not a veteran, but the guy on the phone said just say I am, because they don't ask for proof. They usually have one sale a year, but this go round they have had 3.

Sent from the sidelines

·
Registered
354 Posts
I used a Memphis Shades 8 1/2" on both my Street Glide and my Ultra Limited, worked very well, and also gave good passenger protection.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Another vote for the LRS. Measured per the website directions and love it. 8" I think...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts