V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting on the 6 1/2 inch windshield on my girls Street glide. Just wondering if it's gonna make a difference going from the standard 4 inch to the 6 1/2 inch. We are both over 6 foot tall and when riding the bike the wind hits us right in the face with the standard 4 inch windshield.

I'm hoping to defect the wind a little more. Any suggestions????

Thanks
Shane

·
south of heaven
282 Posts
I put a 6" shield on my bike first and it still wasn't enough. I then put an 8" regular shield on the bike and it was better but not great. I then put a 8" with recurve from www.clearviewshields.com. it is much better, but I am 6'5". I would look at getting the 6.5" with recurve from there. The recurve looks nice and makes the shield protect like it is 1.5" to 2" higher.

Good luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Clearview is the way to go

I also have the 8" Clearview with the recurve on my FLHX. It made a world of difference. I'm 5'10' and wouldn't go any shorter. They are good people to deal with but each windshield is made to order so it can take awhile.
http://clearviewshields.com/shop/index.php

lowbar

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I replaced mine with a 7", better but @ 6-1 I could have gone with a 9" and still have been able to look over the windshield.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I am 6' tall and have a 6 1/2 Clearview on my street glide and It made a world of difference over the 4 inch.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for all the help

I think our minds are made up and we will be going with the 6.5 inch recurve from clearview. I hope it's money well spent. Thanks again to everyone.

Shane

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm running a 6.5" Clearview with the recurve , I'm 5'10" and it works great, either that or the 8 with a recurve is the ticket if you want to look over it.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nidan said:
I'm running a 6.5" Clearview with the recurve , I'm 5'10" and it works great, either that or the 8 with a recurve is the ticket if you want to look over it.
As long as it puts the wind up and over a little more so my neck isn't getting jacked around I'll be happy. Hope this shield does the trick.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
go w/ the 8

Cowboy'sHD69 said:
As long as it puts the wind up and over a little more so my neck isn't getting jacked around I'll be happy. Hope this shield does the trick.
i think you will like the 8" or better, the 9.5" if you carry a passenger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts