V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my 04 softail standard for a new street glide. I like the bike but the seat sucks. I bought a solo sundowner,, the thing rubs my saddle bags really bad. Today I put a sundowner 2 up seat on and the bags still rub on the right side. I am 5 11 and 175 . just a average size but I feel streched on this bike. What seat do YOU have and what BARS do you have. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
04softie said:
I traded my 04 softail standard for a new street glide. I like the bike but the seat sucks. I bought a solo sundowner,, the thing rubs my saddle bags really bad. Today I put a sundowner 2 up seat on and the bags still rub on the right side. I am 5 11 and 175 . just a average size but I feel streched on this bike. What seat do YOU have and what BARS do you have. thanks
Give me a couple of months (buying a house right now), and I'll buy that Street Glide seat from you. I have an EG Classic, but feel too "scrunched" on it, I think that Street Glide seat is perfect for me (6' 0") and long-legged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
04softie,

After the ride home from the dealer, I yanked the stock seat off and replaced it with a Corbin Close Solo and a touring pillion for the GF. By the way I am 5'8" and 200lb. This way I can go solo when riding with the buddies or two up with the GF. Eventhough the bar is stock, I don't feel cramped in at all. I can actually whip the bike in super tight traffic with ease.

Chopper Dude,

When your ready, PM me because the stock Street Glide seat will seating in a plastic bag on the garage shelf.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I have been trying to give the stock seat a chance and it has getting more comfortable with every passing mile, I am not sure if the seat is getting broken in or if my butt is getting broken in. I usually ride a softail so a bagger is more comfortable regardless of the seat. Maybe I have low expectations.

Peck
01 softail
06 streetglide
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
My FLHX arrives in Mid March. Will try the stock seat for a bit.

I ride a FXDWG now, with a Lepera "bare Bones "seat, so, like Peck, I expect to find it great!

My problem is that I am 6'4" and usually feel cramped on stock bikes. The FLHX seemed roomy , when I sat on it in the showroom, but that may not mean s**t.

:hmmm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Sundowner seat

You need to losen the saddle bag mounts and move the bags back as far as you can this will keep the bags from rubbing on the seat. You may also want to put a couple washers under the front saddle bag mounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I maybe in the minority here but I like the stock seat on my 06 Street Glide. I am 5'9" and 177 pounds. It puts me back far enough to provide some extra leg room and my butt has not complained yet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
847 Posts
I agree!! I think my Street Glide seat feels great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
JMN68 said:
04softie,

Chopper Dude,

When your ready, PM me because the stock Street Glide seat will seating in a plastic bag on the garage shelf.

Joe
Will do man, I've saved a link to this thread.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
714 Posts
I'm 6' 190 and I sat on one all afternoon at the dealer:) It's raining in Dallas or was when I was there. I think that stock seat feels great.
 

·
Restless
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
Try going from a Badlander seat to a Streetglide seat. You can really appreciate the difference! I ditched the Badlander on my stripped down 04' Ultra and wound up paying a guy here a few bones for his new Streetglide seat. I love it. I run the stock handlebars. I'm 5'8" and 180 lbs. The seat really looks great on a stripped down tourer with the tourpak off. Try doing that with some of the other seats available and it looks like you've got a sofa on the bike.

But I'm also a guy who is perfectly fine with running the stock comfort stitch seat when touring on a 5k trip riding 5-700 miles per day on the longer stretches. I must be a freak.
 

·
Recon
Joined
·
839 Posts
04softie said:
I traded my 04 softail standard for a new street glide. I like the bike but the seat sucks. I bought a solo sundowner,, the thing rubs my saddle bags really bad. Today I put a sundowner 2 up seat on and the bags still rub on the right side. I am 5 11 and 175 . just a average size but I feel streched on this bike. What seat do YOU have and what BARS do you have. thanks
What are you going to do with the solo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
timbo said:
Try going from a Badlander seat to a Streetglide seat. You can really appreciate the difference! I ditched the Badlander on my stripped down 04' Ultra and wound up paying a guy here a few bones for his new Streetglide seat. I love it. I run the stock handlebars. I'm 5'8" and 180 lbs. The seat really looks great on a stripped down tourer with the tourpak off. Try doing that with some of the other seats available and it looks like you've got a sofa on the bike.

But I'm also a guy who is perfectly fine with running the stock comfort stitch seat when touring on a 5k trip riding 5-700 miles per day on the longer stretches. I must be a freak.
Had a badlander on my softail. rode 500 miles in one day and my prostrate felt like a base ball in a couple days. I need a seat that makes my MAN JUICE CONTAINER feel a little better.+SMSH+
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ralston said:
What are you going to do with the solo?
I'm not letting it go just yet. I'm going to put it back on after I move the bags back as stated above. I like the sundowner 2 up seat but my wife don't ride and I really like the solo look.Thanks for the replies :thanks:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Just had a new aftermarket seat made for my Street Glide. Company is called C&C seats, out of the Los Angeles area. They make a damn good seat for a lot less than others. Heard about the seat from 3 friends of mine who got one for their bike. All of them are happy with the seat. Looks, comfort, price..............
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top