V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...still thinking this is the sexiest bike Harley has ever built, all the while recognizing a lot of customs have ended looking this way:) What are some of the favorite mod's you StreetGlide owners have done? Anyone installed lower fairings on theirs? Also...can't decide..which do you prefer; laced wheels or other?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got one with laced wheels and I prefer them, I have a 7" windshield coming because the stock one looks good, but is too short if you want to go over 55mph. I like the bike the way it is for the most part, real clean, I have put some thought into some 18" spokes with black rims but not sure how that would look with the black pearl since how it is almost gray in the sun. Also wondering what the blacked out front end looks like on a black pearl one
anyone have any pics?

Peck
01 softail
06 streetglide

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had the Dealer put 06 road king wheels on mine, they are the same style wheel as the stock street glide but the "ugly black" painted part is not painted and the ridges around the edges are chromed, they look way better then stock ones, it was a good swap as I hated the stock ones!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Peck said:
Also wondering what the blacked out front end looks like on a black pearl one
anyone have any pics?
Take a look at the '06 parts catalog. There is a black pearl with the black front end. Looks pretty sharp.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Daytona StreetGlide

Pipes, air kit, PCIII with dyno tuning, Sundowner, dual backrests, custom graphics, Kuryakyn brake pedal and cruise boards, shifter pegs, grips, switches, Street Stalker fender, headlight trim ring, finned headbolt covers, radio and gauge faceplates, painted inner fairing, HD air horn, LCD oil level and temp dipstick, assorted chrome and hardware. In future I plan motor mods, black chrome forks, 18" black chrome rims and rotors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
chromed forks (upper and lower), chrome controls & grips, chrome bolt cover set for engine, smoked turn signal lenses, had stock black wheels chromed (solid), mukini baffles with SE slip on's, SE race tuner and stage 1. Bike is black pearl and chrome front end and wheels really set it off. Will be adding LED tail light and quick release backrest.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had the inner fairing painted to match the Deep Cobalt Blue, chrome forks uppers and lowers, Rinehart True Duals with a stage one, X2 Grips, all pegs and pedals match the Streamliner floorboards, Billet Heel/Toe Shifter Lever, Extended Reach Billet Style Rear Brake Lever, "Frenched" Chrome headlight trim ring, and will shortly be swapping the OEM wheels for chromed nine spoke cast wheels with polished rotors.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SWRV....Outstanding bike. Those Street Glides are so cool. I love the painted fairing and can't believe how much better the bike looks with the frenched headlight trim. How do you like the Rinehart true duals?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like the Black wheels. I think if the bike is black, it blends well, especially if you you like the "blacked out" look. There is a Cobalt blue on the local dealership floor & I could see that spoked wheels would look nice as well.

SWRV, what height is your windshield? Is it HD?

:cheers:

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
103FLHX said:
I like the Black wheels. I think if the bike is black, it blends well, especially if you you like the "blacked out" look. There is a Cobalt blue on the local dealership floor & I could see that spoked wheels would look nice as well.

SWRV, what height is your windshield? Is it HD?

:cheers:
I Agree!!! I plan on powdercoating a few chrome parts with black! The Anti Chrome=devil=

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Picture%2012013.jpg

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I put 18" - 80 spoke wheels w/ Metzlers on my Road King this winter and they look awesome!! I've always been partial to spoked wheels. I had H-D Profile spokes w/ wide WW's on before these but got really tired of cleaning the WW's. Just my -2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Paid for my SG last Friday and now am waiting for them to finish the 95" stage II and black out the front end.

While waiting I took the bags home and am halfway through installing BadDad's bag extensions. My friends who own the bodyshop where I am installing them are totally impressed with the fit (They say they blow away the ones from Arlen Ness) as well as the colour directions.

As soon as I pick up the bike (should be in about a week now) we are ripping it apart and painting it as well as custom lights and front rim/rotors.

Will post pics as soon as it is done. (Can't wait. Just like a kid X-mas eve! :wootdnc:

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Street Stalker Fender

Hey Bountyhunter, by chance to you have a p/n for the Street Stalker fender? Any specific mounitng kit required? Really looks sweet! Thanks.

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
nt30 said:
Paid for my SG last Friday and now am waiting for them to finish the 95" stage II and black out the front end.

While waiting I took the bags home and am halfway through installing BadDad's bag extensions. My friends who own the bodyshop where I am installing them are totally impressed with the fit (They say they blow away the ones from Arlen Ness) as well as the colour directions.

As soon as I pick up the bike (should be in about a week now) we are ripping it apart and painting it as well as custom lights and front rim/rotors.

Will post pics as soon as it is done. (Can't wait. Just like a kid X-mas eve! :wootdnc:
Can't wait to see photos when it's done.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
150 Rear tire

Anyone put a 150 Metzler on the rear yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a vivid black, and have done few mods. First off, I am a total whore for the HD Skull collection, I have just about everything they make for this bike: floorboards, foor pegs, shifter, brake pad, hand grips, fuel door, medallion on the sissy bar, timer cover, derby cover, air cleaner cover...I even have the chrome radio surround, with skull emblem, to attach once the weather is warmer.

I have done some vivid black mods as well. I did the whole front end in black, as well as a painted vivid black inner fairing. I recently added the vivid black aircleaner cover as well.

From Kuryakyn I picked up the clear, sloped taillight, which I think looks much better on this bike. From someno name aftermarket company I got a dirt cheap chrome plate frame. On the back end I also did the HD stealth rack, which matches well with the saddle bag trim "spears." I aslo did all the rear lights in LED, as well as the front signals in LED and the HID headlight.

I went one notch higher on the windscreen, and added the chrome windshield trim. I also did the side air deflectors.

The seat is still the stock seat, with the HD backrests added as well.

I have added a little bit of chrome to the engine area, such as the transmission interface cover. I am not huge on chrome, but that area looked to empty, especially after I dropped the crossover pipe and went with the Vance & Hines true dual headers and the Screamin' Eagle race mufflers.

That's about all I can think of for now! Here are some pics:

·
Registered
67 Posts
jbmiller73 said:
I have a vivid black, and have done few mods. First off, I am a total whore for the HD Skull collection, I have just about everything they make for this bike: floorboards, foor pegs, shifter, brake pad, hand grips, fuel door, medallion on the sissy bar, timer cover, derby cover, air cleaner cover...I even have the chrome radio surround, with skull emblem, to attach once the weather is warmer.

I have done some vivid black mods as well. I did the whole front end in black, as well as a painted vivid black inner fairing. I recently added the vivid black aircleaner cover as well.

From Kuryakyn I picked up the clear, sloped taillight, which I think looks much better on this bike. From someno name aftermarket company I got a dirt cheap chrome plate frame. On the back end I also did the HD stealth rack, which matches well with the saddle bag trim "spears." I aslo did all the rear lights in LED, as well as the front signals in LED and the HID headlight.

I went one notch higher on the windscreen, and added the chrome windshield trim. I also did the side air deflectors.

The seat is still the stock seat, with the HD backrests added as well.

I have added a little bit of chrome to the engine area, such as the transmission interface cover. I am not huge on chrome, but that area looked to empty, especially after I dropped the crossover pipe and went with the Vance & Hines true dual headers and the Screamin' Eagle race mufflers.
Looks Sharp.

What is your windshield height...6.5?

Did you have to relocate anything for the luggage rack?

What highway pegs did you choose? HD?

The Vivid Black inner fairing. How much of a difference was it from stock?

:sofa:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
jbmiller73, Looks great.

Now I know what my front end will look like.

Really can't wait til mine is done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts