V-Twin Forum banner

street bobs

15K views 85 replies 37 participants last post by  THEStinger 
#1 ·
like to here about your dyna street bob, anyone or any street bobs out there

#2 ·
Love it great bike...Harley did a nice job on it other than the bug in the tranny. But they have that worked out now. That's the way it goes with new products.....

#4 ·
If I was buying new, the Street Bob is the only bike in H-D's lineup that interests me. Denim Black, of course. I like this simplistic look. About the only change I'd make is forward controls, and perhaps a little P-pad for stealing chicks from the bars.

#5 · (Edited)
I just brought mine home on valentines day..its sweet! Plenty of torque with the stage one and SE slip ons done. I didnt NOT like the mid controlls as much aas I thought I would. Im 5'10 and my butt almost was off the seat for a comfy position on the saddle. I just tonight put on forward controlls. BTW the 05 kit dose work and only is missing the gaskets from the 06 kit..either one will work fine. Thats the only thing I can say so far I didnt like was the mid mounts..if your used to them, dont have a gut, and are avrage size youll be ok..otherwise get the forward controlls took me 3 hours and I had never done them before.
Just my 2 cents worth
-S

ADDED 2-25-06
I have spent the last week customising it here and there, except for the springer front end I have for it..its done!
MODS:
HD-SEII exhaust, stage 1, chrome reg. cover, clear turn signals, bridge covers, black mirrors, wrinkle black horn cover, 2005 forward controlls, diamond plate style foot accys., wrinkle black derby cover (not shown)fork bag. CEC air cleaner cover, Hard Chrome lay back plate kit
-S

#6 ·
06 DYNA FWD Controls

THEStinger said:
BTW the 05 kit dose work and only is missing the gaskets from the 06 kit..either one will work fine. ]
If you used the 05 kit... you used the wrong one. It will work; however, you will have the wrong length linkage arms and more importantly, the old mid-arm will still be sticking out of the primary. There is another thread on this topic with pics.

If you don't mind putting a chrome cap over the old mid-lever, go with the 05 FWD kit. If you want a cleaner look with a plug instead, use the 06 kit. The rear lever is also taller and the linkage is longer so I must assume that affects the geometry of the shift action... not for sure, just a guess.

Lastley, the 06 Kit requires the removal of the inner primary cover which IMHO is a much bigger job for a beginner (not calling you a beginner but more work/complicated than I wanted to get involved in). I had the dealer do mine and made sure they used the right kit... all is good.

#9 ·
I think the Bob is a heck of a value and if you like the all blacked out look it makes a nice platform for your own customization. I bought a 2006 Lowrider, costs about $2.5K more but gave me the look I was after for a lot less then if I added the chrome, seat, low rise pull back bars, tank, wheels and two-tone colors I wanted. I like the lower seating that both the Bob and Lowrider provide. I'm 5' 10" with a 30 inch inseam and the stance and mid controls gives me the control I was looking for.

#10 ·
girlfriends bike

My girlfriend just purchased a 06 streetbob in blue. We are waiting for aftermarket exhaust.

Has anyone heard whats available yet? I know VH claims theirs should be ready in March.

She is keepin the bike stock except she added the removeable rack and front and rear turnsignal relocation.

she loves the comfort of the seat and the mid controls

#11 ·
hksigman said:
My girlfriend just purchased a 06 streetbob in blue. We are waiting for aftermarket exhaust.

Has anyone heard whats available yet? I know VH claims theirs should be ready in March.

She is keepin the bike stock except she added the removeable rack and front and rear turnsignal relocation.

I looked at waiting for V&H's but the SEII with air and reflash are now available and I didn't want to be the first bike getting the V&H installed by the dealer. Some what concerned about what reflash they would use and if it would work. Also when you go with the entire exhaust replacement the installer is messing with the O2 sensors and they have more of a chance to screw something up. I would love to see and hear a 2006 dyna with the V&H installed and see from a dyno run that whatever reflash they use did not lean the engine out to much. Keep us posted after you get it installed and how it works out.

#14 ·
I picked up my street bob on monday. From the time i first saw one of these bike i thought it was bad azz. Since I am 6'2 the mid controls were never an option so I have been checking out the forward control B.S... Now I am scratching my head. try it myself..? Have the dealer do it or go with the 05 kit which from what I have read it will work and you keep the stock parts. Which would be nice so if i had to put the stock controls back on for my sawed off old lady it would not be another hastle or pulling the primary. What fun...anyhow If anyone has some good advice on this i'm listening.

#17 ·
I had the T header on mine for awile and just switched over to the Bassani Pro Streets. They look awesome....I just couldn't get used to the 2 into 1. So I went for the best performing 2 into 2 pipe I could find. I should have some dyno numbers after I get back from Daytona. I know Reindhart has 2 into 2 and 2 into 1's with 02 ports also. Installation is a piece of cake with sensors. You just un hook them and screw them in.

#19 · (Edited)
I understand that you screw in the o2 sensor..? But how does it work out with the computer and the new set up. Does the computer need to be flashed when you add pipes. Or can you just throw a set of pipes on?

ANyhow I put on the set of 05 forward controls. Hell with it i want it easy to put back to stock. Maybe an hour into it. Took it for a ride at a balmy 32 degrees now i have 3 miles on it. When in the hell will it get warm??

Stinger where did you get you bike from. I went to Liberty in Akron they were the only ones who wanted to work with me on a price.

#20 ·
WHOOTZ,

I have the sert on my bike to adjust for the new exhaust. Before I got the sert I ran SE slipons with no problem. I would be a little leary doing that with freer flowing pipes though. The sensors are only narrow band and only help out in normal operation and normal temps. They are off during warm up idle and full throttle runs. If you get the sert it is easy to make it a little richer and make it run better so thats the way I would go or get a lean dealer download. You also have the option to go with the power commander. The bottom line is that even though the 06 has sensors you still have to adjust the system.

Floyd

#21 ·
hksigman said:

Thunderheader makes one for the street bob in Chrome or Black.
I've had a Black one in my cellar since December.
Bry

#22 · (Edited)
AA&88's said:
If you used the 05 kit... you used the wrong one. It will work; however, you will have the wrong length linkage arms and more importantly, the old mid-arm will still be sticking out of the primary. I must assume that affects the geometry of the shift action... not for sure, just a guess.
I cant argue that it is not the MOCO way of doing it but I saved myself over 200 bucks by using the 05 controlls. As for the action or longer shafts ect. If it takes that much force to move the shifter linkage theres something wrong! I had no issues installing or opperating the controlls with the 05 kit, it also affords me 200 bucks more to spend on other stuff...not to mention If I want I can go back to mid mounts any time I want to. I personally do not mind the chrome cap on the old mid shift spline. Everything fit great! Save yourself some MOCO buks and do it yourself!

#24 ·
Hey PSK260, do you know a part number or your pipes???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.