V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you installed longer apes or an extender on your Street Bob? If so, I'd love to see a pic. I have a vision for my denim black bobber and would like to check myself before pursuing it further:

• Removing the tank emblem
  • Big Sucker (when they're available)
  • Replace football cover with small flat black cap for top of A/C
  • Longer ape hangers

I'm digging what I'm envisioning. Just need some real-life visuals. :chopper:

Whiff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Whiff,

I thought about removing the tank emblems too, but I really like them, so I decided against that. Do want to take the reflectors off though. With longer Apes, you will probably need longer cables. I personally dont hate the A/C cover. They make a denim one for cheap, so i'm going to order that & the wrinkle horn cover to blacken everything out. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. How are those pipes working out for you ?? That is my tax return this year, pipes & stage 1.

Later,
Chap

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have mixed feelings on the emblem. It's alright looking, but, I don't appreciate that they're plastic. So, since I'm not sold on them, I don't have a problem yanking them. :D

I considered the wrinkle and denim black footballs, but, I really, really like the raw look of an open air filter with a homemade or personalized endcap. In fact, if you can't tell from the original post, that raw look is kind of what I'm going for all the way around. I don't mind some chrome to break up the blackout here and there. I just think there's too much on the right side right now. Plus, I'd like to get rid of some of the blatant "harley" branding. Yeah, I know...shoot me.:nunu:

As far as the apes go, that'll have to be long term goal. No way I can afford to change them out anytime in the near future given the labor and cables and stuff. Plus, I'd like to see some on a bobber first.

Pipes are working out great. The remap made a big difference. The bike is on fire right now.=devil=

Whiff

·
Registered
16 Posts
The badges are actually made of an alloy... I know they look a little "plasticy" but they are not. Most of my riding buddies really like them opposed to the tank emblems they have

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm doing the same as you. Pretty much pruchased all of the skull line from Chicago Harley ( $564 worth anyway ), highway pegs, manual, just all sorts of stuff, 15 different items. The horn cover, siren for the alarm system, & the A/C cover was next. Also, did the place you got your pipes still have more in stock ?? I can get them for $183 from Chicago Harley but wasn't sure if you got them cheaper. Living in oceanside, it would be either a quick trip to Marina Del Rey or cheap shipping.

Thanx
Chap

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, hell no. $183 is a bargain, dude, don't waste your time with Bartels. Go through Chicago Harley. Once you're all dialed in with your mods, post a picture or take trip up to L.A. I'd like to see it.

Whiff

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crappy Photoshop Rendition

Bored at work, I gave a regular Street Bob photo the once over with kind of what I have in mind for mine. Didn't have baloney cuts or apes to insert in the picture so I kind of just quickly and crappily tweaked the stock junk:

Whiff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Will do Whiff. I'm waiting till everything comes in before I start snapping pix ( minus the pipes & stage 1. tax return for that probably, unless I sell something on e'bay & make some quick cash ). Still thinking about the Kuryakyn sidemount plate, but I e'mailed Kuryakyn & they dont support the 06 yet, so I might just get the laid back curved plate ( didn't really want to run the sidemount lite wires anyway ). Blacked out laydown taillight & skull levers coming in on Tuesday, with hopefully, Chicago Harleys stuff not soon behind.

Have a happy new year...

Later,
Chap

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on. I just ordered today my Stage 1 A/C kit from Surdyke.com for $111 and then ordered that custom A/C cover in the Photoshopped pic above for $34. I'm proud to say that particular cover will be their first. It was actually a derby cover design that they're gonna make as an A/C cover for me. I'm just gonna run the air filter open.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts