V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Vance and Hines big shot staggards for my street bob. I was wondering if anyone else has put a set on yet? The dealer told me that had no idea when they would get them in. Im also going to order the fuel pack and do the stage one kit. If anyone has this setup, could you let me know how it is.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I haven't put these on. I'm going for the Short Shots. Apparently, they are on backorder until March. There is a local vendor that has the Python staggereds in stock for a bit more than the shorts ($379 for the pythons & $325 for the shorts). The dilemma begins...

As far as your setup, there are some on here that may suggest not to get the fuel pack. I'm not sure exactly who they are, but I have a feeling that they'll show up in this thread soon enough. Good luck with your setup & make sure that you post pics when you get them.

·
Banned
154 Posts
06bobber said:
I just ordered the Vance and Hines big shot staggards for my street bob. I was wondering if anyone else has put a set on yet? The dealer told me that had no idea when they would get them in. Im also going to order the fuel pack and do the stage one kit. If anyone has this setup, could you let me know how it is.
PSK260 was right, and here I am to tell you to avoid the fuelpak for an 06 Dyna. Not enough wiring to get from the rerouted ECM back to the connector. Due to this short coming in the wiring harness of the fuelpak, I was not able to install it, so I can't tell you how it functions.

I love the BSS though. Great pipes, and a fairly easy install to do by yourself if you have the right tools.

I've installed the Big Shots, a Screaming Eagle AC, and used a Techlusion DFO to get my Bob to Stage 1. The bike is a blast now!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealership suggested doing a download through them, but I didnt want to have to go back everytime I did any motor work. I installed the Power Commander on my last bike and was happy with it. Maybe Ill just stick with that. Plus I like to do most of the work on my own bikes, and I dont want to have to go to the dealership all the time.

Thanks for the heads up on the fuelpak!

·
Banned
154 Posts
06bobber said:
The dealership suggested doing a download through them, but I didnt want to have to go back everytime I did any motor work. I installed the Power Commander on my last bike and was happy with it. Maybe Ill just stick with that. Plus I like to do most of the work on my own bikes, and I dont want to have to go to the dealership all the time.

Thanks for the heads up on the fuelpak!
No problem. If I remember what I have heard correctly, the PCIII USB is now available for the 06s, and does have the ability to handle the O2 sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts