V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to put a Street Bob front end on an older FXD?

I am curious about this conversion or if anybody knows of a picture of one done?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't definitively answer the fitment question unfortunately. The stem bearing size and neck tube height should be the same so it could come down to the following: fork stops, fork lock, and interference issues with the frame/tank/trees. Some photos and measurements should give you a good idea if it's worth the risk.

If you decide to give it a shot, let me know if you are interested in purchasing a basically mint condition, complete, assembled front end (trees, tubes, wheel, tire, fender, brake disk, caliper, etc). I don't have a price in mind. I put a springer on a year ago and I wanted to keep the stock front end "just in case". That's starting to seem a bit silly though, the springer is definitely staying on the bike, so I'd consider unloading it.

I can take any photos or measurements you want. Because of the inbox size limit on VTF, it might be better to use my email address kpreese at hotmail dot com.

For what it's worth, in my opinion the newer front ends look great. It was one of the reasons I went with the Dyna. The larger tubes just seem to be better proportioned with the big twins without at all looking like a Fat Boy front end. I just couldn't resist the urge to do the springer.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kpreese said:
I can't definitively answer the fitment question unfortunately. The stem bearing size and neck tube height should be the same so it could come down to the following: fork stops, fork lock, and interference issues with the frame/tank/trees. Some photos and measurements should give you a good idea if it's worth the risk.

If you decide to give it a shot, let me know if you are interested in purchasing a basically mint condition, complete, assembled front end (trees, tubes, wheel, tire, fender, brake disk, caliper, etc). I don't have a price in mind. I put a springer on a year ago and I wanted to keep the stock front end "just in case". That's starting to seem a bit silly though, the springer is definitely staying on the bike, so I'd consider unloading it.

I can take any photos or measurements you want. Because of the inbox size limit on VTF, it might be better to use my email address kpreese at hotmail dot com.

For what it's worth, in my opinion the newer front ends look great. It was one of the reasons I went with the Dyna. The larger tubes just seem to be better proportioned with the big twins without at all looking like a Fat Boy front end. I just couldn't resist the urge to do the springer.

Kevin

Thanks for the offer Kevin, I may just take you up on the offer. Got a pic of your bike with the springer front end? I want to go with a hydraulic personally but am curious about the look of yours.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts