V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealership today to get a new front tire for my sporty because they were havin a battery and tire sale today. Ended up leaving with a bit more then a new tire.....not unusual right? Well, what is unusual is I ended up leaving with a 2006 Dyna Street Bob instead of my Sporty. Dunno how it happened, :dunno: but, I like it! :cheers:

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
The old bait and switch ... they suck you in on the pretense of selling you a tire and then tell you they are out of tires and you need a new bike. Classic :D

Enjoy your new ride !!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
ha, they got you TOO!!

i went to trade in a Buell lightning, went out with sales manager to appriase the Buell, and i had burnt the back tire down to almost the cord on the way over.

had to buy a RK to get home!?!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
04ctd said:
ha, they got you TOO!!

i went to trade in a Buell lightning, went out with sales manager to appriase the Buell, and i had burnt the back tire down to almost the cord on the way over.

had to buy a RK to get home!?!
Atleast I am not the only one. haha

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
No, you're not the only one. Went in the HD dealership in Anchorage with my brother so he could buy a tee shirt, three weeks later I was on a RK. Went in for parts the other day and saw a V Rod, denim black. My GF reminded me that I already have a bike. "Yes, my baby, but I don't have THAT one. Yet."

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
springer- said:
The old bait and switch ... they suck you in on the pretense of selling you a tire and then tell you they are out of tires and you need a new bike. Classic :D

Enjoy your new ride !!!!!
Geez...I thought when the tires were worn out ya had to buy a new bike :blink:

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
2,227 Posts
I really do believe it is a sickness dwelling in each of us. I was very very happy with my Dyna til I walked in and saw my Geezer Glide sitting there. There was no friggen way I was going to have another bike. Well ...... see my signature.#@SasF#

now i have the best of both worlds. And have no regrets.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Every winter I get this burning desire to buy a Road Glide. Fortunately the winters are short here and I've fought off the feeling. Rode a Street Bob the other day now that summers coming I want a Bob. Just gotta stay away from those dealerships.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I thought I was the only one that was afflicted with the disease. Local dealer sent me an e-mail coupon for 40% off their in stock boots. Went down to get the boots and rode out on a new Softail Deluxe for the wife last weekend.

·
Ride It, whatever it is!
244 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting new tires, especially nothing wrong if there attached to a new bike, nice purchase. I'm hoping what I have going in my favor is that I do not want to get rid of my bike. It is my first Harley and I want to keep it till I'm in the ground. Still enjoy going to dealer and looking but haven't had that terrible desire for something different, hopefully that feeling will last for a while. If I do get a new one I want it to be my second. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I rode my Superglide to an out of town dealership to look at some cold weather gauntlets they had in stock.

Rode home on a new Wide Glide.

Got the gloves too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yjlama said:
Nothing wrong with getting new tires, especially nothing wrong if there attached to a new bike, nice purchase. I'm hoping what I have going in my favor is that I do not want to get rid of my bike. It is my first Harley and I want to keep it till I'm in the ground. Still enjoy going to dealer and looking but haven't had that terrible desire for something different, hopefully that feeling will last for a while. If I do get a new one I want it to be my second. Wish me luck.
The Sporty I traded in was my first bike, period. And I was real happy with it, but, that street bob, wow. And now I can stretch out for long rides. (I still cant believe how smooth this thing rides, its like a rolling couch!) Look out Sturgis, here I come!

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Congratulations! That is pretty funny and it's interesting to see how common it is. At least you won't be needing new tires for a while. Unless you're lucky and get to ride it a lot!

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
usmcsportster said:
I went to the dealership today to get a new front tire for my sporty because they were havin a battery and tire sale today. Ended up leaving with a bit more then a new tire.....not unusual right? Well, what is unusual is I ended up leaving with a 2006 Dyna Street Bob instead of my Sporty. Dunno how it happened, :dunno: but, I like it! :cheers:
What dealer did you go to? Where you located? Congrats on the baby.:yes: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
529 Posts
This thread has made me realize that I have never owned a motorcycle I have put tires on. Maybe my SG will change that. Or maybe Ill go full blown geezer and trade for a new ultra next year.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
RustyG said:
What are you talking about? They sold him two tires. At least I think that is what comes with his new bike.
You are very observant grasshopper. But still $7,500.00 each is a bit much. :laugh:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ordered some Thunderheader 2 into 1's for it today as well as the stage 1 kit. Can't wait to be able to hear it when I ride it! :roflback:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts