V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, coming back from Phoenix (to LA), the King blew a head gasket. About 50-60 miles west of Blythe (if you've never heard of Blythe, there is a good reason). While I was trying to get auto club to help, and trying to guess how much a 175 mile tow would cost (never mind how Connie and i would get home), a guy in a pick up, with a Yamaha on a small trailer stops. No way 2 bikes will fit on his trailer, but he's willing to try to figure a way to get one bike in the pickup bed. Before we do this however, Connie flags down another guy in a pickup. He has a big trailer with a Harley on it! YAHOO!!!

He gets out and after hearing the problem says lets load it and he'll take us wherever. No mention of cost.

Turns out he works for Barnett Harlet Davidson in El Paso and is delivering the Harley (a 79 kick start Duoglide?) to San Francisco. Hauls me, Connie and the King to the House in Glendale, and unloads it for us. Never mentions money. Jesus, there are real gentlemen left, one of them a guy from Ohio named Morgan who works for Barnett HD in El Paso.

And yes, I gave him a hell of a tip, half for the lift, and half for not asking. Felt damn good too.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:cool: Amen Bro, and the Yamahaha dude too!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Woohhooo! Gotta love a happy ending like that, glad it all worked out for you....I think here in Connecticut most people would just zoom right on by. :/

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Hats off to these two most kind people. JoeJ, probably would'nt find em' up the street from ya either!:mad:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Certainly not in Jersey... In all honesty, I've never seen someone pull over to help anyone here... I try to whenever I see anyone, but most people aren't like that.

Bill

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah, I think it's just you and me that do that in Jersey, Bill. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
No kiddin man... you're more likely to get shot, held up, or have your hubcaps stolen than get any help at all.

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Glad Ya' Got Home!

Glad ya' got home, Greg.

Your story reminds us all that there are still lots of good people around.

I encourage everyone to stop for a fellow biker. Whether the rider is on a Harley or some other model. Sooner or later, you'll need some help.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Stopped to help a Bro in the middle of Nevada coming back from Sacto. He couldnt believe anyone would stop. He really didn't have any probs., just stopping for a smoke. Alls well that ends well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts