V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any aftermarket baffles for the vance & hines straight shots that do anything better than the stock baffles? I had thunder monsters in an old bike, and liked the sound at idle, but not after that. They were louder, which I liked at the time, and I think gave the bike a little more torque. The stock baffles aren't bad, but maybe there's something that gives a deeper sound / quieter / more power / or something else. I think vance & hines makes a quiet baffle for some of their pipes, but not the straight shots.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The V&H quiet baffles will fit any pipe with a 2" inside diameter. The V&H tech person that I originally spoke with told me that they would only fit the "Big Shots" which is entirely false. They fit my Longshots just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the QB's in my

StraightShot HS's, 2 set screws on each pipe and out with the old baffles, slide in the new ones and tighten the screws. A little quieter at low RPM, deeper throughout but still able to stop a heart when you open it up. Some other model's have the set screws hidden by the heat sheild and need to be drilled out or removed to access them.%[email protected]

·
Registered
80 Posts
I installed the V&H quiet baffles

last night, instead of playing legos. Today I went for a short ride around town, 40 miles or so. They are definitely quieter, but still have a great sound. Can't really tell about torque, but it's at least as powerful feeling as the straight through baffles, and maybe a little better.:cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
last night, instead of playing legos. Today I went for a short ride around town, 40 miles or so. They are definitely quieter, but still have a great sound. Can't really tell about torque, but it's at least as powerful feeling as the straight through baffles, and maybe a little better.:cheers:
If they are still too loud for you then you can further dampen the sound by replacing the thin baffling material with the slightly thicker variety found at any bike shop or ordered through a place like Dennis Kirk. You can also wrap the rear of those baffles which do not come wrapped. I've found that some thin wire holds the material in place very well. Low end torque definitely gets a boost and the growl is still there when you roll on the throttle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.